[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 21:03:51 BST 2008

> > [GM]
> > With all her might, Lady Frost crushes the skull of the thing with her
> > elbow [Damage: 60MD].  The creature's head is utterly obliterated.  The
> > rest of the mummy's body twitches for a few moments and then is still.
> >
> > Below the slab of stone where the mummy had been laying, what appear to
> > be sparks can be seen flickering.

> "Good work, Lady Frost," Ted whispers to his companion while trying to catch
> his breath.
>
> Ted then takes a moment to look at the sword.

The sword is a large broadsword, in normal hands it would be quite heavy.  It
is not made of steel, but rather of something that almost seems like
crystallized bone.  There's the faintest transparency to it.  The
figure on the hilt
is made of silver or some silver-like metal, and is of a nude female,
very exquisitely
carved, save for the lack of a face.

A closer look reveals cracks and chips in the blade.  It looks to have
been well used,
but also as if it might not survive too many more battles.
[/GM]

> [Sia]
> Again, Sialillion is taken aback by the power and violence of this icy
> maiden, as she singlehandedly smushes the mummy's head as easily as
> the pulverized Bruth's body into a purée before.  Sia rises from her
> knees, where she slipped while trying to slice the mummy with her
> knife, cursing to herself as she notes that the silver plating is
> scratched from grazing the stone floor.  She shakes the mummy dust
> from her cloak, sheathes her knife, and re-clasps her holy symbol
> around her neck.
>
> "It would seem that even the great Wolfen hero Akirax fell to the
> Reaver's corruption.  Unfortunate."
> [/Sia]

[Osiris]
Shaking his head, he sighs.  "Evil often has that power, to defile and
warp even the greatest amongst us.  There's a lesson here, that our
enemy possesses such a power."
[/Osiris]

mightymartianca at gmail.com