[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

J L tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 07:13:55 BST 2008

--- On Tue, 6/10/08, Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands
> To: "The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM" <taocowpbem at zork.net>
> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 7:04 PM
> OOC: I'm going to play the combat on the boat fast and
> loose because Alex is
> the only Player Character there.  I'll make this one
> more "official".  BTW,
> added Osiris to the iniative order.
>
> Island - Combat Round #1
>
> [Initiative]
> Mummy - 9999
> Ted - 9998
> Talas - 21
> Lady Frost - 20
> Carlos - 16
> Sia - 15
> Osiris - 7
> Koba - 1
> [/Initiative]
>
> > > [GM]
> > > The Wolfen mummy tosses the sword to the ground
> and then pulls off the
> > > gauntlets and out of the skeletal fingers sharp
> bone-like claws appear,
> > > a black, smoking liquid dripping from them.  With
> incredible speed, it
> > > leaps at the closest to it, Ted...
> > > [/GM]
>
> > [Ted]
> > ...charges the Wolfen, hoping to tackle him just long
> enough for Talas or
> > Osiris to grab the sword while the rest of them
> escape.  [Strike: 22]
> > [/Ted]
>
> [GM]
> The mummy attempts a dodge [Dodge: 19], but fails, and Ted
> tackles it.  It
> flays madly trying to scratch any exposed piece of
> Ted's skin.
> [/GM]
>
> OOC: Does Ted have any exposed skin?
>
> > [Talas]
> > Upon hearing the mummy's words, Talas casts
> Banishment on it.
> > [/Talas]
>
> [GM]
> The mummy shivers visibly but still seems quite animated
> [Save: 17].  It
> still seems determined to scratch Ted.
> [/GM]

[Lady Frost]

With Ted right on top of it, she couldn't get off a proper attack on the thing.
She could step forward, however, and pin it's ungauntleted arm to the floor with her hands and knees, freezing the limb in place after she got it there...

She might not really like Ted's attitude a lot of the time, but he was part of her team now.  And that counted for a lot.

[/Lady Frost]