[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Koba Rowers koba.rowers at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 14:03:02 BST 2008


[Koba]
Shaken and stunned from the impact of his head against the stone floor, Koba
slowly gets up with an audible grunt. Hearing the shouting and screaming, he
turns around to find the melee of Ted Mummy and Lady Frost all tangled up
together. Pulling out his pistol he carefully aims and will try to fire only
if there is a clear shot at the mummy.
[/Koba]

-----Original Message-----
From: taocowpbem-bounces at zork.net [mailto:taocowpbem-bounces at zork.net] On
Behalf Of Aaron Clausen
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 4:30 PM
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

> > > [Alex]
> > > Flicking her rifle to three blast burst because a single shot did not
> > > blow a huge hole in the body, she opens fire on Wallace [Strike: 17,
> > > Damage: 60MD].
> > >
> > > On her radio, she calls, "We have some problems here as well."
> > > [/Alex]

> > [GM]
> > Alex's three round burst has a good deal more effect, blowing a
> > reasonably large hole in Wallace's chest.  He looks a little surprised,
> > seems ready to say something and then simply falls over.
> > 
> > For the briefest moment, the rest of the crew just stands there,
> > frightened and confused.
> > [/GM]

> > [Alister]
> > Alister falls in beside Alex, his rifle at the ready.
> > [/Alister]

> > [GM]
> > Suddenly one of the crew shouts "You shot Wallace!"  He makes no move
> > forward, but he and the rest of the crew are reaching for their weapons.
> > 
> > Louissa backs up and stands beside Alex and Alister..  While trying to
> > look stern, she whispers to Alex, "What do we do?"
> > [/GM]

> [Alex]
> "I really do not want to kill any more of you," Alex states. Her eyes 
> carefully rove around, watching the others.
> 
> "Should we retreat to shore," she asks the others in a quieter voice.
> [/Alex]

[Alister]
"If we abandon the boat, we're moving on foot." Alister whispers.  "I hate
walking.  I say we make our stand."
[/Alister]

[GM]
The men look very nervous, glancing at Wallace's still smoking body.  "We
don't want no trouble, so if you get off the boat, y'know, we'll just act
like none of this happened..."

There are only four of them left, one still recovering from the effects of
the grenade.

Louissa whispers.  "I agree with the techno-wizard.  How hard can it be to
take out these guys?"
[/GM]

[Meanwhile back on the island...]

[Initiative]
Mummy - 9999
Ted - 9998
Talas - 21
Lady Frost - 20
Carlos - 16
Sia - 15
Osiris - 7
Koba - 1
[/Initiative]

[Round #1]

> > > > [GM]
> > > > The Wolfen mummy tosses the sword to the ground and then pulls off
> > > > the gauntlets and out of the skeletal fingers sharp bone-like claws
> > > > appear, a black, smoking liquid dripping from them.  With incredible
> > > > speed, it leaps at the closest to it, Ted...
> > > > [/GM]

> > > [Ted]
> > > ...charges the Wolfen, hoping to tackle him just long enough for Talas
> > >  or Osiris to grab the sword while the rest of them escape.  [Strike:
> > > 22]
> > > [/Ted]

> > [GM]
> > The mummy attempts a dodge [Dodge: 19], but fails, and Ted tackles it.
It
> > flays madly trying to scratch any exposed piece of Ted's skin.
> > [/GM]

> > > [Talas]
> > > Upon hearing the mummy's words, Talas casts Banishment on it.
> > > [/Talas]

> > [GM]
> > The mummy shivers visibly but still seems quite animated [Save: 17].  It
> > still seems determined to scratch Ted.
> > [/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> With Ted right on top of it, she can't get off a proper attack on the
> thing. She can step forward, however, and pin it's ungauntleted arm to the
> floor with her hands and knees, freezing the limb in place after she got
> it there... [Strike: Natural 20!]
> 
> She might not really like Ted's attitude a lot of the time, but he was
> part of her team now.  And that counted for a lot.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
With the ease that only a superheroine from ancient times could show, Frost
deftly pins one of the mummy's arms to the ground and freezes it in place. 
What quickly surprises her, however, is the enormous strength this thing
must have, as, even with the freezing and her own strength, it manages to
crack the ice and try to lift, without much success mind you, Frost off the
ground.  It's a struggle to keep it's arm still, and only her superhuman
strength could keep it in check.
[/GM]

> [Carlos]
> Now wanting to harm Ted, Carlos eases forward with his rifle in hand. He
> watches the periphery to make sure no one else joins the fight.
> [/Carlos]

> [Sia]
> The Wolfen mummy's rasping voice rouses Sialillin from her reverie. It has
> been years, even decades, since she has come across an honest- to-god
> undead.  Still, much like riding a bicycle, some tricks you never
> forget...
> 
> Sialillion unclasps the chain around her neck and reaches underneath her
> breastplate, producing a small medallion similar to a Celtic cross. 
> Advancing on the mummy as it grapples with Ted, she holds the cross firmly
> ahead of her and shouts with great conviction in Elven, "By lord the sun
> and the seas, back away, cursed spirit!"
> [/Sia]

[GM]
The mummy, held (barely) by Ted and Lady Frost, roars in pain.  Smoke begins
to waft off of it, as well as the stench of unending death.  Frost and Ted
feel the thing weakening, though not quickly enough.
[/GM]

[Osiris]
Unable to get a clear shot, Osiris, like Carlos, keeps an eye out, as well
as waiting for any opportunity to aid his companions.
[/Osiris]

[GM]
It's then that Alex's radio messages squawks with a lot of static, but still
audible: "We have some problems here as well."
[/GM]

[Round #2]

[Mummy]
The mummy, clearly affected by Sia's cross, is weakened, but still
incredibly strong by normal human standards.  With the speed of a viper, it
strikes at Ted's face [Strike: 23].
[/Mummy]

[Ted]
Ted attempts to dodge [Dodge: 22], but feels a small prick from the mummy's
claw.
[/Ted]

> [Talas]
> On seeing that the spell did not fully work Talas moves towards Ted and
> the mummy. Talas then casts Turn Undead, in the hope that it will
> disorient the mummy enough for Ted to ether get away from the mummy or get
> the upper hand in his fight with the mummy.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
This time, perhaps because of Sia's actions, Talas has much more success. 
Both Ted and Lady Frost feel the creature slacken, and begin to feel almost
like an unfluffed pillow.
[/GM]

> [Ted]
> "Get the sword and then get everyone out of here, Talas," the lizard man
> ordered. "I have this under control."
> [/Ted]

[GM]
Even as Ted speaks, the mummy tries to escape, pulling itself along by its
one free arm, literally pulling Lady Frost and Ted along with it.  Talas's
spell is making it unbearable for the mummy to be anywhere near here.
[/GM]

-- 
Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
_______________________________________________
Taocowpbem mailing list
Taocowpbem at zork.net
http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list