[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

J L tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 19:37:33 BST 2008

> [Meanwhile back on the island...]
>
> [Initiative]
> Mummy - 9999
> Ted - 9998
> Talas - 21
> Lady Frost - 20
> Carlos - 16
> Sia - 15
> Osiris - 7
> Koba - 1
> [/Initiative]
>
> [Round #2]
>
> [Mummy]
> The mummy, clearly affected by Sia's cross, is
> weakened, but still
> incredibly strong by normal human standards.  With the
> speed of a viper, it
> strikes at Ted's face [Strike: 23].
> [/Mummy]
>
> [Ted]
> Ted attempts to dodge [Dodge: 22], but feels a small prick
> from the mummy's
> claw.
> [/Ted]
>
> > [Talas]
> > On seeing that the spell did not fully work Talas
> moves towards Ted and
> > the mummy. Talas then casts Turn Undead, in the hope
> that it will
> > disorient the mummy enough for Ted to either get away
> from the mummy or get
> > the upper hand in his fight with the mummy.
> > [/Talas]
>
> [GM]
> This time, perhaps because of Sia's actions, Talas has
> much more success.
> Both Ted and Lady Frost feel the creature slacken, and
> begin to feel almost
> like an unfluffed pillow.
> [/GM]
>
> > [Ted]
> > "Get the sword and then get everyone out of here,
> Talas," the lizard man
> > ordered. "I have this under control."
> > [/Ted]
>
> [GM]
> Even as Ted speaks, the mummy tries to escape, pulling
> itself along by its
> one free arm, literally pulling Lady Frost and Ted along
> with it.  Talas's
> spell is making it unbearable for the mummy to be anywhere
> near here.
> [/GM]

[Lady Frost]

Seeing as the creature had broken her icy pin, she hung onto it as fiercly as she could.  But it was weakening.

"No!  Whatever you two are chanting, keep it up!  Carlos, Osiris, you guys get the sword out of here."

She hadn't seen any weapons fire hit the thing, so those two were probably just waiting for a clear shot... which they wouldn't get as long as she and Ted were clinging to this thing like Saran wrap.

Pulling one arm back, she elbowed the creature in the head with all her strength.  Sometimes you just had to do things the old fashioned way...

[/Lady Frost]