[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XV - The Demon's Minions

Koba Rowers koba.rowers at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:47:43 GMT 2008

[Koba]
Koba hooks the neuromace back to the clip on his belt and pulls out a camera
from an e-clip pocket. He takes a few pictures of the two prisioners and of
Bruth before putting it back into the pocket.

Koba turns to Carlos. "I don't know what you were thinking of doing Carlos.
Were you really thinking of taking his offer? I can let you know right now
that he was offering us nothing. That was not for pride. That beast was
looking to take us for all our worth and use us. He indirectly threatened
our lives by forcing us to take his offer, was planning on selling that ring
for some plot I am not evil enough to understand, and I'm sure he would have
reported our escape from the city to the guards as proof of our working
directly with these invaiders. His offer was nothing." He turns his head
over his shoulder to see where Bruth lies under the fury of Lady Frost's
rage. "And now he is nothing. I have no pity for a man like him, but maybe
these two could have been victems as well."

With that Koba walks over to where the two prisioners were left and kneals
beside them. He unhooks the latches securing his helmet and takes it off. "I
know of men like Bruth. I know of how powerful they can appear. I even know
how tempting it is to want to be like them. You both have been following a
man who came here not even to save you but to look for his own ends. I ask
you what allegiance do you have to his corpse over there? This man used
people, but those he used may not truely want the same fate. I can see you
both as victems of his lies, and I can even look past some deeds you did
under his influance, but to do so I would have to know you have the ability
to reform your lives. Are you willing to help us now, or are you insistant
to end your lives as quickly and uselessly as your master did? Will you
trust me now?"

[/Koba]