[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Alex Bayne hayden.bayne at gmail.com
Tue May 6 00:32:51 BST 2008

> [Koba]
> With the island in view, Koba suddenly remembers how important this
> island
> is. "Lady Sia, you would know better than anyone else. It is
> forbidden to
> step on the island, but would anyone be upset if I did a little aerial
> photography?" With that Koba takes out his camera from the pouch and
> points
> to it. "I have a thing for photography and this area certainly
> deserves to
> be remembered." With that Koba grabs his jetpack from the corner of
> the room
> and, with Sia's permission, heads out on deck.
> [/Koba]

[Sia]
Sialillion sighs with weariness and and slouches in her seat.   She
looks ragged and somewhat shaken up.  Clearly it's been a long time
since the lady elf has seen this much action.  She unclips her utility
belt, dropping it on the deck with a clunk, then works on loosening
the straps for her fury beetle shell breastplate.  Her hands are shaky
though and keep slipping up.  Finally she gives up in frustration and
just lies back, letting the snow fall against her face.  She takes a
deep breath then looks up suddenly after hearing her name called.

"Oh... no, I believe photography is allowed," she responds to Koba's
perky query.  She watches Koba set up his jetpack with little
interest, then turns to the island pensively as it floats by.
"Actually," she adds after a moment, "they say that there's some kind
of magic on that island that works against demons... and we could use
all the help we can get. "  She doesn't look happy about it though.

"We've been running and fighting since what happened at the inn.  Some
of you might be more... seasoned, at all this than me, but I for one
am going to need time to rest and reflect before I'm ready to enter
some supposedly cursed tomb.  Maybe there's an inlet we can anchor in
somewhere until morning?"
[/Sia]