[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVII - On The Border Of Doom

Aaron Corley marjannec at netzero.net
Wed Oct 29 14:07:58 GMT 2008

[Ted]
"I suddenly feel like Pippin and Merry," the lizard man says to himself as he dismounts the ATV. He turns to Talas and the others. "Who are these guys? Where are Alex and Sia?"
[/Ted]

-- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:
[GM]
As Ted, Amanda, Carlos and Owen race their vehicles, they begin to smell and odd odor in the air, almost like spring in a forest, thick humus, sprouting plants and young trees.  Though they're traveling fast, it's almost as if roots are appearing out of nowhere just behind them, tripping the blue dwarfs that Amanda called "automatons".  Trees seem to lean in, branches swinging low.

In front of them, the forest seems to open up, creating a road.  The higher branches close as if to block them from being seen.  Carlos is forced down to near ground level, the branches and leaves far too thick to permit to get too much altitude.

The path seems to be leading them towards the trees that Carlos had sighted, and then after a few minutes, the stand of purple trees are in view, as well as a giant that looks like half-human, half-tree.  Alex and Sia are not in sight.
The tree-man looks at Alex and Sia and says "There, your friends have arrived, largely safe and sound.  I suggest they cover those vehicles up very fast.  Your enemies may have lost you, but they'll be on the lookout, and I can't keep this all up for much longer.  Once everyone is settled in, then we can get you into a warm spot and have a bit of a chat."