[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Alex Bayne hayden.bayne at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:14:09 BST 2008


[Sia]
Sialillion looks grave as the map is pulled out and the options are
weighed.  As the others speak, her crow swoops down and perches on the
highest point on the ship, looking all around warily.  Eventually once
everyone has said their piece, Sia speaks up as well.

"As much as we all need the rest, I believe going by boat would be suicide.
None of us, besides Louissa, can pilot this boat.  And I mean no offense,
Lady Louissa, when I say that you lack experience handling a boat on choppy
waters so far from home.  On top of that, the coasts are raided by the
Splugorth regularly.  Though nothing would make me happier than to slay one
of those barge creatures and its damnable warrior women, in our current
state I believe they would have no trouble capturing us.  Then we would be
sent to Atlantis and, believe me, it's somewhere you and I don't want to
go."   Sialillion shuts her eyes tight and shudders for a moment, as though
reliving a painful memory.   She looks down at her feet, and seems to
hesitate and consider her words for a moment before continuing.

"I... I spent half my life escaping from Atlantis."  She raises the sleeve
of her cloak, revealing the black tentacular tattoos that run along her
entire body.  She keeps a heavy stare aimed at her arm, and runs a nail
along one of the thicker tentacles as she speaks, her face somewhere between
sorrow and anger.   "I was born a slave in their mines, and one by one I
watched everyone I ever loved be murdered by those sick beings and their
minions.  I would sooner die than go back.  Believe me when I say that if
they captured us, our adventure would be over.  They have no mercy,
especially not for humans or Kindred.  We could be sold for meat, enslaved,
or worse.  And that's if something even worse doesn't happen upon us while
at sea."

"My vote is that we abandon this boat, find medical help for Osiris here at
Fort Peters, then try to commandeer a car or some swift horses.  Either way
we should rest here overnight'"
[/Sia]

OOC:  Hey guys, I'm back from Burning Man.  It was a great time, can't wait
for next year!  Oh, and both IRL and IC, my vote goes for the overland
route, if only because Sialillion doesn't have the Swimming skill!
Oops. :-P

Carry on...
-Alex
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Koba Rowers <koba.rowers at gmail.com> wrote:

> [Koba]
> The storms have cleared and the seas are calmer, but despite that Koba
> still sits below deck. A force that rivaled the apocolypse riped those ley
> lines across the land and destroyed many people's lives. Guilt persistantly
> runs through his mind as he was part of the responsible group for causing
> such suffering and damage. He just couldn't stand on deck and watch as they
> passed all the death he caused.
> As the boat pulls up and stops, Koba makes his way back topside. "I tend to
> agree with Alistar here. No one knows what lives below the water's surface.
> Perhaps the most dangerous creatures to come from the rifts live underwater.
> Out here on the boat we are alone, stranded,
> and surrounded."
> "Thank you lady frost. Even if Osiris can't tell you himself, I know what
> danger you put yourself into and I know he would give you his thanks."
> Koba takes a look athe map. Nothing seems to make sence. The fact that such
> an orginized road system once existed makes him realize even more what was
> lost. "Lets head that way. If anyone has knowledge of this area, I think
> they should speek up now."
> [/Koba]
>
>
>   On 8/28/08, Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  > > [GM]
>> > > Louissa looks to the others.  "It seems I am the only one that can
>> > > pilot this craft.  I'm afraid your stuck with me at least until the
>> Last
>> > > Bridge.  There we have a small outpost, the closest to the ruins of
>> > > Old New York.  From there, I don't know where you want to go.  If
>> > > it's further south, then take me, and we'll take a run at the Gulf of
>> > > New York, or if you like, you can go overland to wherever your
>> > > destination is.
>> > > [/GM]
>>
>> > [Alex]
>> > Alex replies, "It is not for me to decide where you go from here. I do
>> > have to warn you that many of our companions have died along the way.
>> > Many times, I have felt overwhelmed. The blessed Virgin seems to be
>> > watching over me so far but I am more of a scout than anything else
>> > myself."
>> > [/Alex]
>>
>> [GM]
>> Lady Louissa shakes her head.  She looks straight at Alex.  "I do not
>> want to be simply an heiress, to live in a nice house and never having
>> seen the greater world.  I come from a line of warriors and adventurers,
>> and yet my job is to get married, live in a nice house, and produce a
>> proper male heir to the office of Mayor.  I want more than that.  I look
>> at you, Lady Frost and Lady Sialillion, and I see brave women going
>> to a dreaded place to save people you don't even know."
>>
>> "Besides," she says with a slight smile on her face, "Talas is going."
>> [/GM]
>>
>> [Alister]
>> Alister rolls his eyes and then coughs somewhat unconvincingly.
>> "Those are really lovely thoughts." he says.  "But this here
>> brave adventuring type really wants to get going.  I don't mind the
>> overland route.  I just came from the outlying ruins of Old New York.
>> I think that's a lot safer than the ocean.  Maybe going by sea might
>> take just a few days, or maybe we never get there at all.  My vote's
>> for walking."
>> [/Alister]
>>
>> [Lady Frost/Amanda Connors]
>> Amanda coughs, much more convincingly, as she opens her eyes
>> and then struggles to her feet.  Her voice is raspy and exhausted
>> when she speaks.
>>
>> "Normally I'd agree with this Alister fellow," she says, "but we've
>> had one good night's rest, and I'll confess I've never been so tired
>> as when I had to single-handedly rescue our poor, foolish and maybe
>> still-to-be-dead Cyberknight."
>>
>> "Carlos over there seems to think we've got to get moving fast, and
>> a boat ride means both speed, and at least some chance for everyone
>> to get some sleep."
>>
>> With a bit of a sigh, the young woman leans down and rifles through
>> Osiris's belongings, pulling out Bongo's belongings in turn. After a
>> few moments she pulls out a small scrap of paper.
>>
>> "Bongo and Osiris found this piece of paper on the ship before we
>> arrived in Ireland." she says.  "It just says 'Lat.36n Long.81w'.  That's
>> a map location.  Does anyone here have a map of the United States,
>> or North America, or whatever you guys call it?"
>> [/Amanda Connors]
>>
>> [GM]
>> Lady Louissa pulls several charts and maps out.  It takes her an
>> excruciatingly long time, but finally she produces what looks to be
>> a photocopy of a photocopy of a road map from the old American
>> Empire.
>> [/GM]
>>
>> OOC: See included file, or if you didn't get it, view it at
>>
>> http://www3.telus.net/public/mojo214/taocow_rifts_pbem/images/map_rath_iren.jpg
>>
>> [GM]
>> "I don't think it's very accurate, though." Lady Louissa says.  "That's
>> an old map, and a lot of it fell into the sea during the Apocalypse.
>> Maybe where we're going is under water already."
>> [/GM]
>>
>> --
>> Aaron Clausen
>> mightymartianca at gmail.com
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Taocowpbem mailing list
>> Taocowpbem at zork.net
>> http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> [/Koba]
> _______________________________________________
> Taocowpbem mailing list
> Taocowpbem at zork.net
> http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://zork.net/pipermail/taocowpbem/attachments/20080903/6f8f852c/attachment.htm 


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list