[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Owen, Ted, Sia, Alister and Louissa (repost)

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:11:19 BST 2009

OOC: I'm reposting this with modifications (and with Mr. Corley's
post) because of clarifications as to where Alex is.

> > [GM]
> > Suddenly, there's a swishing of water, and Louissa let's out a short
> > cry, before being cut off.  She has been pulled under water!  A large,
> > muck-covered tentacle can briefly be seen, but there's no sign of the
> > girl.

> Activating his internal oxygen supply and built-in eye-light, the lizard
> man hands his rifle to whomever stands closest and dives into the muck
> after Louissa.
> [/Ted]

[Alister]
A rather stunned Alister grabs the gun.
[/Alister]

> [Owen]
> Owen follows Ted.
> [/Owen]

> [Alex]
> Hawk offers, "I can give support at range if needed?"  She switches
> to her JA-12 Rifle
> [/Alex]

OOC: I'll continue on and wait for Alex's player to post further.
Anyone else wanting to come along and go for a swim can...

[GM]
Ted dives beneath the surface, followed by Owen [OOC: and others if
that's the case].  The water is incredibly murky, and seeing is quite
difficult, no more than a two or three feet, particularly with all the
disturbance from the attack.

For about ten or fifteen feet, the water is no more than about five
feet deep, but then, quite suddenly, it drops off and there seems to
be no bottom in sight.  It seems an impossible rescue in these
conditions, but then, suddenly, perhaps twenty feet below the surface,
there's a layer of clear water that, judging by the buoyancy, must be
saline.  Ted's light easily illuminates the flailing figure of
Louissa, held fast by a tentacle that seems to be coming from a large
cave opening at the bottom of the swamp, some sixty feet below the
surface!

mightymartianca at gmail.com