[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter II (Alex in Sick Bay)

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:52:50 GMT 2009

OOC: I'm going to run this little bit for Alex.  I don't expect to
make a full post until next week (hopefully everyone has recovered
from their hangovers).  Anybody else who wants to have their character
accompany Alex to Sick Bay is welcome to.

> [Alex]
> Before restocking, Alex is going to check on Osiris.
> Her own armor was protected by a force field so is in good shape.
> She is really only interested in restocking what she has not getting a
> new bunch of weapons.

Sick Bay is only a short distance from the armory.  As Alex walks in,
she notices several casualties, and a couple of gurneys with bodies
covered in white blankets.  The doctor, the rather horrifying insectoid
that the company had met when they first entered is efficiently triaging
patients.  He (or it?) looks up and sees Alex.  "If you're here to see
your companion, he is over there."  One of his hands points behind
some curtains.

Beyond the curtains lays Osiris.  He has been bandaged and tended,
and is hooked up to an IV drip.  He seems to be sleeping deeply, but
when Alex approaches, one eye pops open.

"I'm old," he says quietly, but with a smile, "but I'm not so old that
even a Scout could sneak up on me."  He struggles to sit up but
finally gives up.

"Glad to see you're still around, Alex." he says.  "I feel like I've been
in a dream for a hundred years.  No one here has any time for me.
Tell me, did we reach Rath-Iren?  Did we kill the K'murd-faka?  I
hope I just wasn't dead weight.  I'd like to get out of this bed and
be of some use."

mightymartianca at gmail.com