[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XIX - Rath-Iren

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 21:38:59 BST 2009

> > [GM]
> > Even as Koba radios, he hears Alex's transmission "Any suggestions?"
> >
> > Koba's makeshift periscope gives a reasonable view of the room, which is
> > a round chamber about forty feet in diameter, and ten feet high.  The walls
> > and ceiling are made of a beaten bronze-like metal that reflects Zandeeli's
> > flashlight along its dimpled surface.  Along the wall, at even intervals, are
> > nine boxes that look a lot like sarcophagi, about seven feet tall.  Eight of
> > the sarcophagi are closed, but one is open.
> >
> > In the center of the chamber is a round stone platform.  There may have
> > been writing on it at one time, but it is so cracked and worn that only
> > the faintest remnant of runic script and perhaps pictures can be seen.
> > Above it is a small hole in the ceiling, no more than an inch wide.  A
> > faint beam of bluish energy exits it and hits the table.  The energy
> > is clearly that of the ley line.
> >
> > Standing in the room are three figures; a young brunette haired woman,
> > a young man who looks to be a Cyberknight, and another man, African
> > by appearance, in what looks like some sort of medieval armor with a
> > lion crest emblazoned on it.  This man points straight at the periscope
> > and says in an unfamiliar accident "We have company."
> >
> > It is at that moment that the rest of the company arrives at the top of the
> > stairs.

> Reaching the temple in one piece, Ted immediately takes up a defensive
> position with his rifle. He keeps his back to the group, but listens attentively
> for the call to move on.

Ted is quickly joined by the two members of the submarine crew.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Upon reaching the interior of the temple, Talas holsters his pistol, and
> draws his second sword. As Talas begins running down the stairs, he
> begins to feel a familiar sense of excitement and apprehension towards
>  the upcoming battle.
> [/Talas]

> [Alex]
> "Hey, you know there are hordes of blue dwarfs on their way in here."
> Alex states but stops before she adds anything else. When she continues,
> she asks, "What is going on?"
>
> She is still lugging Osiris with her.

Koba seems temporarily unconscious, but in moments what he was looking
at is revealed.  The door opens up and reveals a young brunette haired woman,
a young man who looks to be a Cyberknight, and another man, African
by appearance, in what looks like some sort of medieval armor with a
lion crest emblazoned on it.  The African man whispers something inaudible
to his companions.

mightymartianca at gmail.com