[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Koba, Talas and Carlos

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:00:58 BST 2009

> [Koba]
> Seeing everyone make a run for the path, Koba will let the dwarves go.
> He guess his jetpack over to the path, then sets down next to Alex and
> makes his way down towards the clearing together rifle ready and
> scaning the edge of the path for any suspicious activity.
>
> "I think it's best we make it down to those stones before the demon
> does."
> [/Koba]

[Alex]
Even as Koba makes for the rest of the company, Alex comes through
on the radio ""Osiris wants us to follow this path down here."
[/Alex]

OOC: Koba rejoins the rest of the company shortly...

[Carlos]
Carlos pulls himself out from underneath the Skycycle and gets it
upright again.  Firing it up, he shouts at Talas, "Come on!  Let's go!"
[/Carlos]

> > [K'murd-faka]
> > The demon leaps to its feet.  "I'd love to stay and chat, Queller,
> > but I have pressing business."  Above one of the pterodactyl
> > birds can be seen approaching at great speed.
> > [/K'murd-faka]

> [Talas]
> "Then stay you shall Demon." Talas then casts Carpet of Adhesion
> on the demon to keep it grounded. [Strike: 9]
> [/Talas]

[Demon]
The demon is no fool, whatever else it is, and attempts to leap out
of the way [Dodge: 8], but Talas's spell just barely sticks it to the
ground.
[/Demon]

> [Talas
> Talas then steps back, ready his rail gun and then open fire
> at the demon. [Strike: 19, Damage: 71MD]
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Talas's rail gun tears into the demon, and literally tears through it.
The sheer force of the rail gun renders the demon incapable of any
kind of dodge.  When Talas's attack is done, the demon is almost
carved in two.  It tries to scream, but nothing comes out.

At that moment, the pterodactyl swoops down, but rather than
attacking Talas, simply grabs the demon in its claws, tearing
the demon's head and upper torso from the rest of its body
and carrying it into the air.

mightymartianca at gmail.com