[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Owen and Ted

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:01:04 BST 2009

> > [GM]
> > At that moment, there is a screech overhead.  Another pterodactyl
> > flies over, not more than a hundred feet in the air.  A few people in
> > the landing party fire at it, but it's moving too fast for a decent shot
> > OOC: it must be moving at least 150mph], as it heads eastward
> >  towards the battle.
> >
> > Within moments, the swamp is alive with sound.  Dozens of the blue
> > dwarves can be glimpsed running westward, towards the hill where
> > Alex is currently guarding the vehicles.  None of the creatures are
> > even paying the landing party any heed, and the two captured blue
> > dwarves squirm violently as several people try to tie them up.

> "We will have to discuss this later," Ted replies politely. "Come,
> Owen. We have a witch to burn."
>
> Ted takes off into the swamp, running as fast as his cybernetic
>  legs and the conditions will allow.
> [Ted]

> [Owen]
> Owen will follow Ted into the swamp as fast as he can, following the
> path the Witch delineated.
> [/Owen]

[GM]
The commander of the landed troops whistles, and a number of crew
run after Ted and Owen.

Even with cybernetic legs, running is dangerous in this swamp, but
both Owen and Ted have been this way just a little while before,
so they pick they're way to Alex's location in a few minutes.  As
they approach Alex radios:

> "Osiris wants us to follow this path down here." she says.
> [/Alex]

OOC: Now rejoining Alex on the main thread...

mightymartianca at gmail.com