[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XIX - Rath-Iren

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:14:36 BST 2009

OOC: Bringing everyone back together again!  And just to let you know,
I'm moving a bit more slowly because I'm going to be introducing two
new players hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

> > [GM]
> > Talas's rail gun tears into the demon, and literally tears through it.
> > The sheer force of the rail gun renders the demon incapable of any
> > kind of dodge.  When Talas's attack is done, the demon is almost
> > carved in two.  It tries to scream, but nothing comes out.
>
> > At that moment, the pterodactyl swoops down, but rather than
> > attacking Talas, simply grabs the demon in its claws, tearing
> > the demon's head and upper torso from the rest of its body
> > and carrying it into the air.
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Upon seeing the demons upper torso being carried away, Talas calmly
> holsters the rail-gun and casts a fire ball at what is left of the demon's
> body [Damage: 9MD]. Talas then runs back to Carlos's Skycycle and
> jumps on.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Talas's fireball incinerates the lower half of the demon's body, leaving only
a bit of black dust that is picked up by the wind and driven eastward.
[/GM]

[Carlos]
Once Talas is on the Skycycle, Carlos launches it into the air, racing towards
the rest of the companions.  Talas and Carlos also pass over the submarine
in the midst of the swamp.
[/Carlos]

> [Koba]
> As he cruises over the area, the sight of the ship (He assumes it is a ship
> somply because it is in the water) is confusing as no clear place to steer
> from of deck could be seen. It appears to be simply sitting there and
> clearly of human design so posing no immediate threat. As he lands and the
> jetpack quiets down, he hears the screech and looks up to see the gruesome
> sight of the demon remains dangling from the talons of the beast. Watching
> it fly overhead he is sickened by the sight and without his helmet, others
> would have noticed the shade of green he turned as he saw it.
>
> Letting the scouts take the lead down the path he will follow behind towards
> the building in the distance rifle at the ready and scaning the surrounding
> woods for more of the blue dwarves.
> [/Koba]

> [Ted]
> "Follow that pterodactyl," the lizard man says, continuing his run toward
> Talas and the demon.
> [Ted]

> [Owen]
> Owen will continue to follow Ted, rifle out, moving toward the remains of the
> demon.
> [/Owen]

> [Alex]
> "Can somebody give me a hand with him," the ranger asks

In a couple of minutes, Carlos and Talas rejoin the rest of the company.
Meanwhile, Alex is tiring and cannot keep up the pace much longer.

As to the blue dwarves, while dozens, maybe hundreds, seem to be
flocking to the ruins, they all avoid the path the witch made.  One
falls into the path, and suddenly what look like green shoots jump up,
grab the creature by the neck and pull it down into the muck.

The pterodactyl can be seen far ahead, with the demon's body (or
rather, what remains of it) in its talons.  It disappears into the ruins,
and at that moment, the nexus at the center of the ruins begins to
light up.  Energy pulses down the ley lines, so powerful that it
actually seems to warp the surroundings.  Magic users and
psionics feel something between a major rush and nausea for a
moment.

The ruins of Rath-Iren now loom before them, lit by the blue-white
light of the ley lines.  In appearance, it resembles Stone Henge,
with dozens of high stones set in a circle. Upon the stones
are written row upon row of runes.  In the midst of this stone circle,
which must be at least five hundred feet in diameter, is a small
building that looks something like an Ancient Greek temple.  It
is scorched, as if someone had tried to burn it.  Between the
circle of standing monoliths and the temple is an area
littered with ruins, as if at one time Rath-Iren may have made
many  more buildings.

Above it sits the nexus, energy rushing to it and its color turning
from white to black as it becomes larger and larger.  The pterodactyl
sits atop the temple, but there is no sign of the demon.  Close on
the company's heals are the blue dwarves.  A few are already in
Rath-Iren and looking like they're going to encircle the central
temple building.

mightymartianca at gmail.com