[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:59:39 GMT 2009

OOC: Still a couple of posters missing, but we'll continue on.  I did a bit
of editorial rearranging to make things make a bit more sense.

> > > [Talas]
> > > He uses Demon Lore to try and identify this type of demon [Roll: 11%].
> > > Talas, in a low grown, speaks into his mike "It is a demon. And It can
> > > not be trusted. I say we kill it, here and now."
> > > [/Talas]

> > [GM]
> > Talas immediately recognizes the woman not as a Demon, but as a Witch.
> > Her Demon Familiar is nowhere to be seen right now, but her reaction is
> > either her own revulsion (seeing as she has given her soul to a Demon),
> > or a reaction of her unseen familiar.
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> "Wait... Forgive me but I spoken too quickly. She is not a demon but
> something worse, a witch. A demon is what it is, and can not help its
> nature. But this person has willingly given up her soul to a demon for the
> promise of power. I still say we should give her a quick death here and
> now."
> [/Talas]

> [Alex]
> Alex, who is still carrying Osiris, asks, "Can somebody put him on their
> vehicle. I am not super human or anything."
>
> If allowed to put him down, she switches to her JA-12 Rifle
> [/Alex]

> [Talas]
> and runs over to Alex. A pone reaching Alex Talas takes Osiris and runs
> back to the ATV with him. Were he will put Osiris down inside the ATV.
> Talas Then turns back to the Witch, draws both his swords, and begins to
> walk towards her.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
"What do you know of it!" the women screeches as Talas approaches, still
averting her eyes.  "Strike me not!  I am your guide!"
[/GM]

> [Koba]
> The repugnant site along with the words of warning from Talas are enough
> to spur Koba into action. Koba levels his rifle at the witch and lets
> loose [Strike: 8, Damage: 120MD!] with before finding cover behind the
> ATV.
> [/Koba]

[GM]
Koba's shot literally burns the clothes off of the witch's already hideous
body, revealing its decay and blasphemy for all to see.  It also clearly
does not insubstantial damage to the witch herself, though she is not dead,
where any mere mortal dressed in mere rags would have been a cinder after a
shot like that.
[/GM]

> [Owen]
> Seeing Koba fire on the Witch, Owen will also fire at the Witch, and seek
> cover. [Strike: 10, Damage: 12MD]
> [/Owen]

[GM]
Owen's shot strikes the witch before she has much of a chance to recover,
further scorching her naked and hideous torso.  There's a sudden flash of
light, and the witch has disappeared, the ground where she stood now
suddenly seathing and smoking as if it had been boiled.

A vague voice screams from far above, "You'll all pay for this, you
wretches."  A vague flapping of wings can be heard above the mists.
Sialillion's familiar, Rook, is greatly bothered by whatever it is and caws
loudly.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa fires a few shots into the mists, and the flapping quickly
disappears.  "Very nasty." she says.  "I've heard about witches, but ewww.
So does anybody actually know how to get into this swamp?"
[/Louissa]
Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com