[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:17:23 BST 2009

OOC: Carrying on...

> > [Louissa]
> > Louissa fires a few shots into the mists, and the flapping quickly
> > disappears.  "Very nasty." she says.  "I've heard about witches, but
> > ewww.  So does anybody actually know how to get into this swamp?"
> > [/Louissa]

> [Ted]
> Ted lowers his rifle and turned to the others. "We must find that witch
> again. She knows the way to go."
> [/Ted]

> [Koba]
> "I would rather not trust an demon or those who freely associate
> with them.  I am unwilling to risk it when we know the
> Kmurd'a Faka have sent others who are trained in the black arts
> against us. Let's head out the way we were headed, unless anyone
> feels they know a better path to travel through the swamp." With
> that Koba pulls out a fresh eclip and slams it into the base of the
> rifle with a satisfying click before slinging the rifle.
> [/Koba]

[Louissa]
Louissa gives Ted a strange look.  "How do you know the witch
knows the way to go?" she says.
[/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> "I think I know a path through the swamp. It likely will not be easy
> going though,' the red headed scout states
> [/Alex]

OOC: I'm going to move on here.  If anyone has anything to add
to what's gone on so far, please feel free to do so.  Apologies to
Alex's player for jumping here.

[GM]
Alex leads the rest of the company to the finger-shaped white
stone that she had caught a glimpse of a little while before.  On
the stone is a crudely-drawn picture of a dragon.  Only
after she points it out do the rest of the company see the
well-concealed path that leads into the swamp.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa seems visibly shaken at the sight of the symbol.
"That's... that's the symbol of the House of Wyrm!  If you
were in Poughkeepsie, you may have glimpsed its temple.
They are the chief religion in the kingdom, but what would
there symbol be doing here.  It is a good omen, though.
If a priest of Wyrm marked this path, then it cannot lead
to ill."
[/Louissa]

OOC: I'm going to stop here, give everyone a chance to
decide whether they want to go this way or not.  I'll post
again on Thursday, and whoever at least posts "Yes" or
"No" will be counted.

mightymartianca at gmail.com