[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Owen, T ed, Sia, Alister and Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:46:42 BST 2009

> > > [Ted]
> > > Ted glances at Owen. Telepathically, he asks what the psychic made of
> > > these accented newcomers.
> > > [/Ted]

> > > [Owen]
> > > Telepathically, Owen replies 'I'm not sure what to make of them, but
> > > they may be of help'.
> > >
> > > Owen dives towards Louissa, trying to catch her before her body floats
> > > away.
> > > [/Owen]

> > [GM]
> > The current is strong, but Owen is soon near enough to grab her."
> > [/GM]

> > > [Ted]
> > > "We need to rescue the girl," the lizard man says into his radio. "Will
> > > you help us?"
> > > [/Ted]

> > [GM]
> > "She looks like she's in trouble." the voice says.  "We're on it."
> >
> > The submarine moves towards Owen and Louissa, and within moments,
> > an airlock opens.  "She'll need medical treatment, I warrant.  Best of you
> > all get on board."

> Ted hesitates a moment. For all of his experience and background, he had
> yet to ride a submarine--at least, one so small. Still, it might be safer than
> fighting off tentacles all day. After checking to see if the other need help,
> he swims toward the airlock.
> [/Ted]

> [Owen]
> Seeing that this is the best option to get help for Louissa, Owen enters the
> airlock.
> [/Owen]

[GM]
Ted enters the airlock first, followed in a few moments joined by Owen and
Louissa.  The hatch closes behind them and then, slowly, too slowly it
seems, the water is pumped out of the chamber.  Air can be heard hissing
into the chamber, and with a slight pop of the ears, a green light comes on,
signaling, it would seem, that the chamber has a breathable atmosphere.

The inner door slides open, revealing four people; a young, blond-haired
man, about five foot six, of average looks, a woman in her late thirties,
short-cropped brown hair, standing about five feet tall, but with muscles
like a wrestler, an insectoid-looking DB standing about four and a half feet
tall, with pinchers where a mouth should be, four compound eyes and two
legs and four arms, and finally a partial conversion cyborg, with a scarred
human face, but the rest seeming to be mainly cybernetics.  Everyone
except the young man are carrying energy rifles.

The young man gestures Owen and Ted in.  In a cultured English accent
he says, "Please come aboard.  Your young companion is clearly in need
of a doctor."  He turns to the insectoid, "Dr. Zazbrurr, see what you can do."

The insectoid D-Bee steps up to Owen, his legs and arms bending in all
the wrong directions.  In a shockingly understandable voice it says, "Please,
sir, let me see."

He immediately begins examining Louissa.  "Yes, she has nearly drowned,
poor girl.  Suffered the same fate as a number of our crew."  Without a
further word, he takes her out of Owen's hands and places her on the deck,
begins pumping her chest and then, horrifyingly enough, begins giving her
mouth to mouth resuscitation.

There are a few moments of tense activity, but then Louissa begins to
cough, and then vomits up a considerable quantity of water.  She starts
to come to, her eyes focusing on the insectoid doctor, and then she lets
out a muffled scream and passes out again.  The insectoid makes a
strange buzzing sound that might be a laugh.  "I'll need to take her
to sickbay." he says to Owen and Ted.

The young man nods.  He then turns back to Owen and Ted.  "You can
join her in a few minutes, but the captain wishes to speak with you, if
that's alright."  He beckons them to follow him through the corridor and
deeper into the submarine.

mightymartianca at gmail.com