[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Alex, Carlos, Talas and Koba

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:20:30 BST 2009

> > > [Talas]
> > > With a mere thought Talas casts Chi-Gun in preparation for the
> > > fight to come. Talas then begins to walk towards the Demon, and
> > > says "You dare ask me for mercy, while you hold my Friend hostage?
> > > Release her and then I will here your words demon." Talas then awaits
> > > the demon's response.
> > > [/Talas]

> > [K'murd-faka Demon]
> > "Very well." the demon says, agony on his face.  Gently he places
> > Lady Frost on the ground in front of him.
> >
> > "I have released her in good faith." it says.  "Now show yours, and call
> > of your sniper." he says, pointing in Alex's direction.
> > [/K'murd-faka Demon]

> > [GM]
> > Though Alex cannot hear what's going on, she can see the demon putting
> > down Lady Frost.  Suddenly her sixth sense goes off.  There's a cry from
> > behind her and two of the blue dwarfs can be seen racing at her, both with
> > vibroswords.

> If possible, Alex will turn towards the blue dwarves charging her and
> fire a concussion grenade followed rapidly by a knock-out gas grenade."
> [Strike: 13 and 8]

The grenade hits right between the blue dwarves [Damage: 10MD].  Both
of the creatures are knocked off their feet and stunned by the blast.  The
knock-out gas grenade knocks one of them right out, and though the other
is still conscious, between the gas and the concussion, it doesn't seem
to be much of a threat right now.

Her radio then comes alive.  "He knows where you are." Koba says, his
voice hard to hear over some severe static. "I suggest getting out of
there.  We will get Lady Frost out."

That transmission is quickly followed by Talas.  "Lady Alex, the beast
knows were you are. Please lower your gun. And Lady Alex mind your
back, He is not to be trusted. Please reply."

It's at that moment that Alex notices Osiris is missing.
[/GM]

[Meanwhile...]

> [Koba]
> Shaken and obviously a little disoriented, Koba struggles to his feet
> after the crash. He is surprised to see the demon even talking with
> Talas.  As the demon points in Alex's direction, Koba keys his radio
> microphone to Alex. "He knows where you are. I suggest getting out of
> there.  We will get Lady Frost out."
> [/Koba]

> [Talas]
> Talas keys his radio. "Lady Alex, the beast knows were you are. Please
> lower your gun. And Lady Alex mind your back, He is not to be trusted.
> Please reply."
>
> Talas then calls over to Koba "Mr. Koba will you be as so kind to retrieve
> Amanda. And more off to safety please?"  Talas then waits to hear from
> Alex and to see if the demon lets Koba move Amanda to safety.
> [/Talas]

> [Koba]
> Hesitant to get closer to the demon, Koba takes a knee where he is.
> Focusing on the unconscious form of Lady Frost in front of him, he uses
> Telekinesis to lift then bring her over to him. Seeing what this demon
> could do to someone as strong as her, he does not wish to become
> another victim.
> [/Koba]

[GM]
Lady Frost's prone body rises slowly and moves towards Koba.  The
demon still looks terror-struck, and does nothing to interfere with Koba's
telekinesis.  Finally, after a few tense moments, Lady Frost comes to
rest by Koba.
[/GM]

[K'murd-faka Demon]
The demon looks to Talas.  "Mighty Demon Queller, you are the bane
of my kind.  But perhaps you can aid me.  I have been sent here,
though this dimension causes me great pain, after my last residence
was so horrifyingly terminated.  I cannot release myself, for I am bound
here as long as my masters require me.  Come hither and use your
powers, and then I shall be released."
[/K'murd-faka Demon]

mightymartianca at gmail.com