[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Owen, T ed and Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:41:28 BST 2009

> > [GM]
> > "We have some scouts observing from a safe distance." the Captain
> > replies.  "And I don't know how beneficial your association is, the
> > Elves and their leader, some D-Bee or mage covered in ice, have been
> > defeated.  I'd say your friends are in real trouble."
> >
> > She turns and hits a button on a small computer.  "Bridge, this is the
> > Captain.  Make for the surface, as close as you can get to land.  Have
> > a landing party ready, well armed."
> >
> > She looks back to Ted and Owen.  "Well, we're about to pick our side."
> > she says.  "You'd best join the boarding party."
> >
> > She opens the door, and the young man that lead them in is still there.
> > "Ensign, take these men to join the landing party."
> >
> > "Good luck," the Captain says as the two adventurers are lead away.
> > "And keep your head down, there may be some fireworks."

> *Been there, done that*, the lizard man thinks. Aloud, he promises to
> use care in the battle ahead.

> > By the time Owen and Ted reach the bording party, three men, two
> > women and a mutant dog (who looks like a pitbull), the submarine
> > has already crested the surface.  A hatch swings open to reveal...
> >
> > Little more than fog.  The land can be dimly glimpsed about thirty
> > feet away.  Two rafts are inflated and thrown in the water.  As everyone
> > boards, Ted and Owen realize that this is almost the spot where
> > Louissa was attacked by the tentacle.  However, there is no sign of
> > Alister or Lady Sialillion, only a shredded cloak that they are sure is
> > Sia's.
> >
> > There's little time to respond, as arrows start hailing on them from
> > the shore.  These are no ordinary arrows, for they manage to stick
> > into the hull of the submarine, almost surely a megadamage
> > structure.

> The reptilian mercenary makes for cover as quickly as can. After
> crouching down behind something, he telepathically informs Owen
> that he intends to get closer. A moment later, he takes off in the
> direction the arrows came from.
> [/Ted]

> [Owen]
> Owen will Summon Inner Strength, prepare his rifle for action, and
> follow Ted towards the source of the arrows.
> [/Owen]

[GM]
Owen and Ted quickly discover the source of the arrows is a small island
in the swamp.  Cleverly hidden among a thicket of trees are two of the
dwarves, firing nasty looking cross bows.  One of them spots the two
adventurers, and fires a bolt at Owen [Strike: 3].  The bolt misses,
hitting the water, and there's an explosion of steam.

Though the two are temporarily blinded, they clearly hear shouts from
the rest of the landing party, and then the LOUD beating of wings.
The steam is blown away, and they're looking right into the obsidian-black
eyes of the pterodactyl-like creatures that serve the demon.

mightymartianca at gmail.com