[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Raven, Owen, Alex] Book 3 - Chapter I - Bridg e

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:56:41 GMT 2009

> > > [Raven]
> > > "Pocket?" Raven echoed, repeating what the man had said.
> > > "Oh, you must mean Pocket Dimension! Of course... bigger
> > > inside than outside, that makes sense. Awesome!" Raven
> > > guessed and appreciated. Threads of thought crossed her
> > > mind then about this pocket dimension and it had brought
> > > questions.
> > >
> > > "This is just wonderful! Is it naturally occurring? Or purely
> > > artificial? How do you power it? How do you keep the bottleneck
> > > entrance open? Magic? Psi?" Raven asked in a flurry.
> > > [/Raven]

> > [GM]
> > The young crewman looks at Raven a bit confused.  "Um... I'm not
> > really all that sure.  I know there's some sort of generator in the
> > engine room that has something to do with it.  But..."
> > [/GM]

> [Raven]
> "Oh... well, can I see this generator, then?" Raven asked. Then Raven
> realized that the man was assaulted by a number of other questions and
> stood off behind the others.
> [/Raven]

[GM]
"It's in engineering, I think." Brian replies.
[/GM]

[...]

> > [GM]
> > "I was gonna get to that." Brian says.  "We've got to save the ship,
> > obviously.  I've got this device..."  He pulls a small metal object that looks
> > like a calculator that's been half pulled apart, with small looping wires,
> > buttons of different sizes from different equipment stuck to it, and a large
> > ruby right in the middle.
> >
> > "I swiped this off the engineer as he was trying to shove something in
> > my ear.  I know it can be used by a psychic or a mage, and apparently
> > controls a second doorway that can be programmed for anywhere in
> > the ship.  Can any of you use it?"
> >
> > Suddenly, far above, they can hear swishing, as if someone is sliding
> > down...

> The lizard man scans the area, rifle ready to lay waste to whatever has
> followed them down here.
> [/Ted]

> [Owen]
> "I have psychic abilities--I might be able to get it to work."
> [/Owen]

> [Alex]
> "I too am a psychic although I cannot say that I am a strong one," the
> scout responds. "Like much of the time, I feel a bit outside of my depth
> as well." Her voice does not seem angry just more resigned than anything
> else.
> [/Alex]

> [Raven]
> Raven looked up to see whatever it was that was sliding down. She half
> expected something new and wondrous to behold... but then had the words
> to a spell for protection on her lips.
> [/Raven]

OOC: Since Owen's player posted first, he'll get first crack at the TK device.
When he gets a chance, that is...!

[GM]
Brian quickly hands the device to Owen, but at that moment the producer of
the swishing sounds come into view.  Several plain metal boxes, maybe a
dozen, each about nine inches square

Both Alex's and Owen's Sixth Sense screams as the boxes come into view.
As they appear the spray out clouds of black gas that within seconds has
anyone without environmental armor or some sort of gas mask choking.
Visibility quickly becomes all but impossible.  Then more swishing can be
heard, this time accompanied by gunfire.

As the gas closes in, Brian is struck in the arm, severing it.  He screams
and falls to the ground.

mightymartianca at gmail.com