[Taocow PBEM] [Koba, Carlos, Lyle, Talas] Book 3 - Chapter I - Engine Room

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:31:49 GMT 2009

OOC: We'll continue this on as much as possible...

> > [GM]
> > Lyle leads Koba, Carlos and Talas up towards the aft engine room.  The
> > going is very slow, basically climbing.  They pass their original
> > quarters and Koba has a chance to grab his belongings.
> >
> > They, like their compatriots below, pass several hatches and
> > corridors, but there is no sign of anyone.  It takes a good fifteen
> > minutes to reach the engine room.  The waterproof doors have been
> > closed, and strangely sealed by a pink bulbous and very organic
> > looking material. A single very large but still human-looking eye sits
> > in the middle of the material.
> >
> > Suddenly two hatches open up on either side of the four adventurers.
> > Beyond are dark corridors, which Lyle knows lead to the aft storage
> > bays.  A strong breeze comes from both directions that smells vaguely
> > of rotting flesh.  From both corridors there are flapping sounds that
> > are getting louder...
> > [/GM]

> [Koba]
> The flapping sounds comming from the neerby room are quite
> unexpected. With others in the group clad in armor, Koba will
> back away from the two side doors and next to the others. "I
> bet it won't like this." Koba states as he fires off a shot aimed
> at the eye of the door. [Strike: Natural 1 - critical failure]
> [/Koba]

[GM]
Somehow Koba's energy rifle slips out of his hand just as he pulls
the trigger.  The floor beneath him is blow away [Damage: 20MD], and
he falls through.  The other three only have a moment to look at each
other before the the whole section of floor beneath them gives away.
When they come to their senses, they are lying in a heap in a very
cramped access space.

Above them they see two horrifying creatures, scaly like fish,
but upright walkers with large frog-like eyes, fins in the back,
two gangley feet and two long arms ending in long, thin, six-
fingered hands.  Both are holding strange-looking but still
recognizable energy rifles.  On their backs are packs with
tubes leading from them into their chest cavities.

"Gwetttt upppp nowghh." one of them says in a thick accent
one might expect from a goldfish if they could talk.

mightymartianca at gmail.com