[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter I

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Wed Sep 30 15:10:19 BST 2009

[Alex]
Alex puts her hand on her pistol, her nerves on alert suddenly.
"What the hell is going on?"

She will use her telepathy to read surface thought.
[/Alex]

Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [GM]
> Even as Carlos sets foot inside the hovercraft, it takes off.  The
> pilot, seeing a Skycycle and a motorbike down below, lands just long
> enough to pick the vehicles up, by which time the Slaver isn't more than
> a half a mile.  In the distance appears to be more.  This is likely a
> Splugorth squad.
>
> The Blind Warrior Women fire on the hovercraft, but the shots all go
> wild.  Within a minute the hovercraft has dipped down below the plateau
> and is flying over the thick mists of the swamp. After a minute or so
> those mists part to reveal a large boat floating in the midst of one of
> the larger pools of water.
>
> As the hovercraft dips, a large opening appears in the sub, and below
> can be glimpsed an interior landing bay.  Even as the hovercraft begins
> a vertical drop, it's shaken by a blast, and then another.  Above can be
> seen the Slaver and other dimmer shapes that must also be part of this
> group.  The hover craft violently lands inside the submarine's hold,
> jarring everyone in the process.  The door above quickly closes, but not
> before a few stray bolts of energy manage to get through, causing smoke
> and damage.
>
> Within moments, everyone is escorted out of the crippled hovercraft and
> into the hold, which is actually surprisingly small (no more than about
> fifteen feet wide and twenty five feet long).  Klaxons are sounding as
> they make their way out of the hold and into the narrow corridors that
> wend through the boat.
>
> All of them are suddenly greeted by a rather shocking-looking man-sized
> insectoid creature.  "Ah, welcome back Ted and Owen, and to you to Raven
> and Sir Lyle." the creature says in a cultured English accent.  "To the
> rest of you, let me introduce myself.  I'm Dr. Zazbrurr, ship's surgeon
> aboard the HMS Deapthbreaker.  Don't worry, I'm skilled in all manner of
> humanoid physiology.  All of you will be pleased to know that one of
> your fellow adventurers, a young woman, is doing well.  That is, if we
> make it through simultaneous attack by Splugorth Minions and that
> dreadful tentacled monster below."
>
> Dr. Zazbrurr immediately lays Osiris down.  He turns his attention away
> long enough to look at the others.  "You all need rest." he says.  "I'm
> afraid that's going to have to wait.  If any of you have any serious
> injuries, say so now, or wait until after we get out of this particular
> mess."
>
> Anyone who doesn't speak up is quickly herded along by a couple of stern
> officers.  Even as they make their way through the narrow corridors, the
> submarine is violently shaken.  Lights temporarily dim, then light up.
>
> "Sir Lyle," one of the crewmen says, "I know you would like to be at the
> weapons right now, but the Captain's orders are to remain with the
> guests."  With that they are lead into a small well-lit cabin, with four
> [...]

"those who burn books will, in the end, burn people."
- Written by Poet Heinrich Heine who's books were burned
by the Nazis

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.com
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/