[Taocow PBEM] [Koba and Osiris] Book 3 - Chapter III - Submarine Bridge

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:42:53 BST 2010

>> [GM]
>> Osiris, with some effort, sits himself down in one of the chairs.
>> "I'll keep an eye on what's going on outside, as best I can." He
>> hunches over the panel and after studying the panel for a few
>> moments, hits a couple of buttons. Suddenly two monitors light up,
>> giving external views of the sub, though some appear to be to
>> cameras damaged or buried in mud.
>>
>> Koba is able to get some readings on life support. The air
>> recycling and scrubbing systems are currently not running as the
>> main reactor plant is offline. It means, basically, the only air in
>> the sub is what everyone is breathing, and with the number of
>> people, the system reads two hours before CO2 levels begin to
>> elevate and three hours until they become toxic.
>> [/GM]

> [Koba]
> Koba keys the radio mic to the entire group. "First priority is to
> look out for the reactor. We need to get that powered up to get life
> support going. The consoles tell us we have some time but I'd rather
> get some fresh air."
> [/Koba]

[Louissa]
Louissa shouts "Gotcha!"
[/Louissa]

[GM]
As Koba analyzes the controls, he notices several lights blinking on a
section of the board labelled "Self-Monitoring And Repair Routing
Subsystem."  After a moment it cascades with activity over towards the
controls of the hibernation chambers.  A monitor lights up, and words in
both Dragonese and American fly by.

"Reroute of internal sensors complete... Spurious signals on Channels A,
  C and L are confirmed as intruders... Awaking crew... Awaking crew...
Awaking crew..."