[Taocow PBEM] [Koba and Osiris] Book 3 - Chapter III - Submarine Bridge

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:13:49 BST 2010

> > [GM]
> > As Koba analyzes the controls, he notices several lights blinking on a
> > section of the board labelled "Self-Monitoring And Repair Routing
> > Subsystem."  After a moment it cascades with activity over towards the
> > controls of the hibernation chambers.  A monitor lights up, and words in
> > both Dragonese and American fly by.
> >
> > "Reroute of internal sensors complete... Spurious signals on Channels A,
> >  C and L are confirmed as intruders... Awaking crew... Awaking crew...
> > Awaking crew..."
> > [/GM]

> [Koba]
> "We're not ready for this yet... Everyone, look out for the crew hibernation
> pods. The computer is trying to bring them back. I'm going to try to keep
> them in stasis for a little while longer, at least until we know who they
> are and who's side they are on. If you find them be ready. Who knows how
> they will react to us being here, but I don't think it will be a warm
> welcome." Koba will attempt to override the automated wake up sequence. If he
> can put them into hibernation again, he will try but turning off their
> support or risking killing or injuring the dorment crew is not an option.
> [/Koba]

[GM]
It takes Koba a considerable amount of doing, but he manages to put the
"awake" sequence into suspend.  The process had not go so far underway
that it was unstoppable, though it was a near thing.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
It's then that Louissa pops her head in the bridge again.

"Um, Koba, when you've got a minute." she says.  "I think you need to take
a look at the engine room, or what's left of it."
[/Louissa]
mightymartianca at gmail.com