[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Alex and Carlos] Book 3 - Chapter III - Submar ine Forward

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:51:19 BST 2010

> > [GM]
> > It's at that moment that the three feel a breeze on their face, cold and damp.
> > The hair on Alex and Carlos's arms stands on end, and Ted feels the flush
> > of fear.
> >
> > All feel intense fear and panic rise.  Alex and Ted manage to keep it under
> > control, but Carlos is briefly overwhelmed.

> > Suddenly the breeze seems to coalesce into a raging wind, almost visible,
> > as if just on the edge of sight.  A voice screams out from it...
> >
> > "Srepeels eht nekawa ton od...  Live on od!"
> >
> > Suddenly a tentacle of visible wind strikes out at the three [Strike: 11].  Ted
> > and Alex manage to dodge, but Carlos, still not recovered from the shock,
> > is struck and smashed against the back wall, though his armor does take
> > the impact.
> >
> > "Srepeels eht nekawa ton od...  Live on od!" the voice cries again as it
> > closes in on the three adventurers.
> > [/GM]

> [Carlos]
> Carlos will attempt to get himself under control then fire at whatever is
> attacking them. [Strike: 11]
> [/Carlos]

[GM]
The blast hits the semi-visible entity [Damage:36MD/half damage].  While
it does seem to slow it down a little, it is still very much there.
[/GM]

>  [Alex]
> "What the hell is this thing," Alex states.  If there is a solid target, she
> will fire at it.

> The lizard shakes his head. "Is there a way to communicate with it? I
> think it wants us not to awaken these people."

> Just about to fire, she stops but still very wary. "I can try telepathy."
> Alex will cautiously try communicating with telepathy

Alex's senses reach out to the thing, her magnified telepathy contacting
a mind.  It is a tortured, insane, only somewhat sentient mind.  Maddeningly
confusing images barrage Alex; warped like a hall of mirrors turned upside
down.  Maybe a vaguely humanoid figure laughing... the sound of rushing
water... intense agony... a prickly sensation like one's hand falling asleep
save over the whole body... and then confusion... anger... fear...  And
always the laughter... the terrible laughter...

Then a spoken name... "Arsandel... Arsendel... Murderer... torturer...
criminal... Arsendel..."

Alex can sense nothing else from the entity.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm assuming that Lyle, Owen and Louissa arrive.  Unless Koba
says otherwise, he's still in the engine room.

mightymartianca at gmail.com