[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter II (Alex in Sick Bay)

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:37:31 GMT 2010

>> [GM]
>> Sick Bay is only a short distance from the armory.  As Alex walks in,
>> she notices several casualties, and a couple of gurneys with bodies
>> covered in white blankets.  The doctor, the rather horrifying insectoid
>> that the company had met when they first entered is efficiently triaging
>> patients.  He (or it?) looks up and sees Alex.  "If you're here to see
>> your companion, he is over there."  One of his hands points behind
>> some curtains.
>>
>> Beyond the curtains lays Osiris.  He has been bandaged and tended,
>> and is hooked up to an IV drip.  He seems to be sleeping deeply, but
>> when Alex approaches, one eye pops open.
>>
>> "I'm old," he says quietly, but with a smile, "but I'm not so old that
>> even a Scout could sneak up on me."  He struggles to sit up but
>> finally gives up.
>>
>> "Glad to see you're still around, Alex." he says.  "I feel like I've been
>> in a dream for a hundred years.  No one here has any time for me.
>> Tell me, did we reach Rath-Iren?  Did we kill the K'murd-faka?  I
>> hope I just wasn't dead weight.  I'd like to get out of this bed and
>> be of some use."

> Shaking her head, "I don't know. We reached it and got it but now it
> seems like other troubles have gotten wrapped around us. I feel a bit
> overwhelmed myself. I am just suppose to be a wilderness scout. maybe a
> bit of a soldier as well. I am not a hero."
> [/Alex]

[Osiris]
Osiris laughs weakly.  "For someone who isn't a hero, you've certainly done
enough heroic things.  You've rejected the Coalition's evil teachings and have
consorted with mages, D-Bees and even helped out a god.  Sounds pretty
heroic to me."
[/Osiris]

> [Alex]
> Continuing on, she adds, "I have a strange dagger that I have no idea
> what it does. The CS always taught us to have nothing to do with magic.
> Us on the fringes, scouts and such never really took that to heart but
> still magic does make me a bit nervous. I assume it is magic, at least."
>
> "Maybe we can find somebody to help heal you," she continues. "That is
> if we can get this boat moving again."
> [Alex]

[Osiris]
"If I have to go," Osiris says, "I'll go.  But if I get through this, I think
maybe I'll hang up armor.  I should be teaching a new generation of
Cyberknights, not gallivanting around Creation like I was twenty years old."

"Now, I seem to recall something about a blade.  Let me see it."
[/Osiris]
mightymartianca at gmail.com