[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter III

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 19:25:50 BST 2010

OOC: Must be summer time... players are out dancing in the sun, no
time for poor old GMs, mouldy old trolls in dens filled with dice and
body parts from NPCs of the past :-(

> > [Louissa]
> > Louissa shouts out with glee.  "Gotcha, you murderous bastards!
> > Somebody grab Ted and let's go!"
> > [/Louissa]

> > [GM]
> > Louissa's advice is sage.  Clearing mists reveal some sort of
> > troop ship full of ape-soldiers within fifty feet of the shore.  However,
> > the path seems dangerous as well, as vehicles can be heard coming
> > down it.  The only other directions are to climb the cliff or run down
> > the beach, neither of which seems a very good idea either, seeing as
> > they could become easy targets.  As if to drive the point home, the
> > troop ship lobs a few rockets at the beach, that, while not hitting
> > anyone, knock Koba and Carlos to the ground.
> >
> > Time seems to be running out.

> "No need," Ted replies. He scrambles after Louissa and the others
> while covering their rear.
> [/Ted]

> [Koba]
> With the Ape creatures now distracted by the fire and laser blasts
> going by their heads, Koba will turn his attention to whats going
> on behind them. He will move back up the road hugging the cliff
> wall waiting to fire on any enemies or threats that emerge from the
> fog.
> [/Koba]

[GM]
Koba's trip back up the road is short-lived when he glimpses a squad
of the ape creatures heading straight down it.  The fog is still thick,
but one takes a pot shot at Koba [Strike: 8].  Koba narrowly dodges
the shot [Dodge: 9], but the squad suddenly starts huffing it down
the road towards Koba and the rest of the company.

> Alex will load and fire real quick a camera grenade into her rifle, fire
> it into the air to see what potential escape routes there are.

As the grenade flies into the air, Alex is able to get a reasonable
picture of their surroundings.  She can see, with IR, the squad that
just fired at Koba moving quickly down the road towards the beach.
She can see the narrow rocky margin that sits between the bottom
of the cliffs and the water, and can see that it will offer no safe
escape either, there is another squad moving down it towards the
company, as well as some sort of small gun boat moving parallel
to the beach.

The whole scene seems dismal until she catches a glimpse through
the mists of an escape route, one only visible because of a slight
shift in the wind.  A very narrow (no wider than a couple of feet) path
that leads up the cliffs directly north of them.  There's no sign of the
enemy, but the path is clearly damp from sea spray and fog.  The
entire path is not visible, but perhaps about 2,000 feet away she
can again see what must be the path, now some six hundred feet
above the crashing waves, no wider than it was before, but leading
down into what looks like a small protected cove, where what look
like a couple of fishing boats are moored.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm assuming Alex communicates this to her companions.

[Louissa]
"We've got to go that way!" she says.  "It's are only chance.  Where's
Koba?"
[/Louissa]

mightymartianca at gmail.com