[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter II - Talas and Carlos

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 01:31:00 GMT 2010

> > [GM]
> > Carlos is now on his own, his way lit only by his own suit light.  He
> > is about half way, when he sees some flashes from behind one
> > of the spheres.  One of the fishmen suddenly leaps out directly in
> > front of him, a vibroblade in hand... [Strike: Natural 1 - critical failure]
> > [/GM]

OOC: Because this is underwater, I've got to penalize Carlos.  I think
-4 to dodge/parry is fair.  Can't seem to find any official rules on it.

> [Carlos]
> Carlos tries to jump out of the path of the fishman [Dodge: 16]
> while firing his rifle [Strike: 18].
> [/Carlos]

[GM]
The fishman fails spectacularly at trying to attack Carlos who,
even being underwater, easily gets out of the way and then
blows a hole clear through the fishman and his armor with
a short burst [Damage: 44MD]

Talas seems to be keeping the other fishmen at bay, so Carlos
is able to make his way with some speed to the door.  The growing
current seems to be helping... and then it isn't giving him much of
a choice.  It's a real struggle and now, perhaps a hundred feet
from the door, the suction is so strong that if Carlos proceeds
any further, he will not be able to fight it.

He can clearly see now that the slight crack that he and
Talas had been able to make in the door has now widened to
about a foot, and that the water is rushing inward.  Fish,
pieces of coral, rusted metal and all manner of particles are
getting sucked beyond the door.  He then sees one of the
fishmen, gunless with blackened armor, fighting furiously to
swim against the current before getting sucked through,
literally being crushed by the still very small gap.  Carlos
catches a last glimpse of bulging, fearful fish eyes before
the fishman disappears.

mightymartianca at gmail.com