[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter II - Talas and Carlos

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:00:27 GMT 2010

> > [GM]
> > The two are talking to each other in some strange language that seems to
> > fluctuate between guttural consonants and lilting vowels.  As Carlos brings
> > his gun to the ready, the armed D-Bee seems to stop for a moment, then
> > looks around.  The other D-Bee questions him in a short series of syllables
> > that probably translate into "What's wrong?"
> >
> > The armed D-Bee shrugs then points ahead and the two walk away from
> > Talas's and Carlos's position.  After a minute or so their footsteps fade
> > into the distance.
> > [/GM]
> >
> > [Talas]
> > "I'm all for banging Splugorth minion heads together," Talas says, "but that
> > was a bit close.  Unless you've got a better idea, I think we should find out
> > how our companions are doing."
> > [/Talas]

> [Carlos]
> "I agree. I wasn't sure who those guys were working for so I
> thought we'd wait a minute to see. Let's get back to the group."
>
> Carlos will follow the path towards the group. If he sees any
> baddies or anyone else, he'll stop to assess the situation.
> [/Carlos]

[GM]
Talas and Carlos head back towards where they had last seen their companions.
And then, after they've gotten about twenty feet, suddenly all the
lights go out.
A few red emergency lights flicker and light up, but still it is
considerably duller
here.  But using Globes of Daylight or flashlights will doubtless tip of any
enemy that is nearby.

Then, as if it couldn't get any worse, suddenly the floor beneath them begins
to shudder, and then shakes so powerfully that Talas and Carlos are knocked
off their feet.  They can hear the groaning of steal and in the distance shouts,
though none in any language that they can hear.

And then both Talas and Carlos feel the floor beneath them begin to rhythmically
shudder.  Suddenly they feel the floor give way.
[/GM]

OOC: Effectively not falling into the hole is a dodge roll.  The floor gets an
automatic "Strike" (if you will) of 12 that has to be beaten to grab
on to something
and not fall.

[GM]
Carlos manages to grab on to a piece of metal hanging over head [Dodge: 16],
but Talas is not so fortunate.  Carlos sees Talas vainly try to grab
on to the edge
a huge crack where the floor is, where now water and debris falls inward.

mightymartianca at gmail.com