[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter II

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue May 18 20:44:25 BST 2010

>> [GM]
>> Koba's senses reach out and gain control of the targeting system.
>> It's sensors become Koba's eyes, and he can clearly see the chain.
>> He commands the cannon to fire [Strike: 16], and the cannon opens
>> an enormous barrage on the chain [Damage: 150MD], turning into
>> molten metal and severing it. The sub is free.
>>
>> The submarine may no longer be in trouble, but the company is. The
>> hole that the brain had blown into the dome suddenly turns into a
>> crack with the sound of stressed and breaking glass. Koba feels a
>> few drops of water on his face.
>>
>> The vortex that the brain thing had opened suddenly enlarges.
>> Coming towards it from the pinkish oozing world beyond are several
>> brains, clearly intent on leaving their dimension.
>> [/GM]

>> [Talas]
>> "If anyone has a way out of here," Talas says, "now is the time."
>> Despite this, he raises his swords and prepares for the onslaught.
>> [/Talas]

> [Ted]
> "Thanks, Alex," the lizard man breathes as he regains his footing.
> While Talas directs traffic to get everyone out of here, Ted stands
> ready at the mouth of the vortex to repel the brain-things from
> entering this world.
>
> The lizard man rushes up to Alex. "Come, Alex. Snap out of it. We
> need to get out of here," he tells her before lifting her over his
> left shoulder.
> [/Ted]

> [Carlos]
> Aiming at another tendril, Carlos will take another shot. [/Carlos]
> [/Carlos]

> [Owen]
> "Raven, where is the battery and the controller? let's use them to
> get us a door back to the sub, coordinates 0-0-0-0."
>
> Owen will see if Raven responds, otherwise he will look for them
> himself.
> [/Owen]

[Raven]
Raven nods slowly, takes the teleport device and the PPE battery out and
begins activating it.
[/Raven]

> [Alex]
> Alex shakes her head over something, "I am sorry. I am ready to go.
> Let's go."

> Ted put out a hand to steady the ranger. "Are you sure? You look a
> little shaken."

> "No, I think I will be fine," Alex responds. "Lets get out of here
> because I can't breath water too well."
> [/Alex]

> [Koba]
> "The ship is free from the chain. We should get back and escape."
> Taking a glance at the rift and what is about to come through he
> adds, "Quickly is better. Can you teleport us back?"
>
> While the preparations to teleport are made, Koba will turn his
> attention back to the cannon to see if there is a way to overload its
> power supply and explode or melt the canon.
> [/Koba]

[GM]
Another vortex swirls as Raven's device opens a gate back to the
submarine.  Meanwhile, Koba continues to probe the cannon.  There's no
easy way to set the cannon to overload, at least in the time remaining.

Koba's reverie is interupted by a loud crack.  Suddenly the dome gives
away, and the vast ocean above roars in.  At that moment, the brains in
the other gateway leap forward, intent upon their pray.  The first one
crosses, t
[/GM]

[Talas]
Talas leaps in front of the brains' gateway, swords flashing.  "Run!
Now!  I'll hold the brains back."  With that he leaps into the brains'
vortex and begins fighting like a madman possessed, his fine-honed
skills chopping into the brain things like a knife into butter.
[/Talas]

[GM]
Raven's vortex opens to its full extent as the massive raging wave is
nearly upon the company.  Beyond can be seen the submarine's hold and
safety.  There is time to enter the brain things' gateway and help Talas
or time to reach the sub, but not both.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm assuming that everyone is going to choose to go through the
submarine gateway, but I'll give all those who want an alternate choice
until tomorrow to decide, then I'm going to push on.

mightymartianca at gmail.com