[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter III

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:55:00 GMT 2010

> > [GM]
> > Carlos moves to pick one of them, just in time to hear the horrible ripping and
> > straining of steel, and then a wave of water crashes into Carlos and Ted,
> > knocking them and the unconscious crew members, against a bulkhead.
> > There are now only inches of air left in the lower deck.
> >
> > That's when they hear Osiris shout over their radios "Ted, Carlos, get out of
> > there!  We've got to shut the hatch!"

> Ted grabs hold of Carlos and the next closest person. Telepathically, he tells
> the mercenary to grab onto whichever of the two sleepers is left. He takes a
> deep breath, activates his internal oxygen supply and starts swimming back
> the way the came.

Even with Ted's great physical strength, dragging along three other people
underwater is a tall order.  He does his best, but the rushing water is making
it difficult.

> Alex can swim as well so she will see if she can help as well.

Alex is able to grab a hold of one of the unconscious crew and makes Ted's
job considerably easier.  In short order, Carlos, Ted and Alex are back at the
hatch and pulling the two rescued crew members out of the water.

Back on the main deck, they see Etta running for the engine room and
shouting at Arsendel, while the others Owen points that direction as well.
Louissa is dragging the ape-man they had captured towards the engine room.
[/GM]

[Etta]
"We're going to have to do this in two groups, or some people are going to
have to stay behind." she says angrily.  "Old man," she shouts at Osiris,
"on the comm panel, find the 'Emergency beacon' button.  Maybe there's
someone in this screwy world that can help us."
[/Etta]

[Osiris]
Not knowing what else to do, Osiris nods and flicks the switch.  A familiar
"dot-dot-dot dash-dash-dash dot-dot-dot" can be heard.

He then turns to his companions.  "I don't think anyone needs to stay
behind." he says.  "According to this, we're in seventy feet of water, and
we've handled worse.  Not to be self-serving, but I'm no swimmer with these
bum legs.  I suggest that I, the Elf Arsendel and those two unconscious fellows
go inside the escape craft Owen discovered, and whoever else there isn't
room for tether themselves to it."
[/Osiris]

mightymartianca at gmail.com