[Taocow PBEM] [Everyone but Alex and Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter V - England REPOST ... and even more

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:35:42 UTC 2011

>> [GM]
>> The lone jet seems to race towards the ocean, and then the canopy
>> bursts off of the jet and somebody is ejected. Their seat
>> parachute bursts open but it's too low to the ground to do much
>> good and they hit seconds later at a rather high rate of speed.
>>
>> A figure can be seen inside the pilot seat of the jet, as the jet
>> suddenly decelerates pretty rapidly. The pilot looks to be trying
>> to steer it back towards the pursuing jets, who have shot past,
>> not expecting their quarry to slow down. But something seems to go
>> horribly wrong, as the jet, instead of picking up altitude,
>> instead slowly banks to the left and then hits the ground. Moments
>> before it does, the pilot can be seen jumping out of the jet, but
>> what happens to them is masked by the impressive explosion and
>> fireball as the jet carves its way into the grassy plain.
>>
>> Alex can plainly see the figure that jumped out of the plain hit
>> the ground. A cloud of dirt is raised as it literally burrows a
>> trench through the grass and soil before coming to rest. She then
>> sees, as the dust settles, the figure more clearly.
>>
>> The figure is a woman, shreds of clothing and armor on her, her
>> body glistening white like an ice sculpture. It's none other than
>> her companion, lost at the temple of Rath-Iren, it is Lady Frost!
>> [/GM]

> [Koba]
> "Is that one of yours?" he says to Sir Burton. "It looks like they
> might not be a fan of these Slavers either. It looks like they may
> need some help after a crash like that. We should move to the crash
> site to check them out."
> [/Koba]

[GM]
"No, that's a Kittani jet." Sir Burton says.  "But why was it being
chased by those other Kittani fighters?"

At that moment, a number of things happen in close succession.

First off, Alex can be heard transmitting on a general open frequency
"We are not Splugorth. We thought you were Splugorth. We were just
attacked by a group of slavers."

Secondly, the company sees what looks from the distance like a human ice
sculpture stand up, and after a moment begin walking casually towards
them, yelling loudly "Hey over there!  I'm going to give you all one
chance to surrender, then I'm going to come over there and bust heads!"
[/GM]

[Osiris]
"Lady Frost..." Osiris says.  "I thought she was dead."
[/Osiris]

[GM]
Before anyone has anything in particular to say about the walking ice
sculpture walking towards them, those with Sixth Sense feel it go off.
Moments later, everyone hears a roar up above.  The pursuing jets have
turned back towards and two have fired two missiles each; two towards
the company [Strikes: 8 and 15] and two towards Lady Frost [Strikes: 15
and 16].

Someone shouts "Find cover!"  There are only seconds, not enough time to
find any real cover, beyond the old "drop and cover your head" routine.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm going to rejoin everyone togther, including Lady Frost, Alex
and Louissa.