[Taocow PBEM] [Lady Frost, Alex] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:26:36 UTC 2011

>>> [Alex]
>>> Alex does have her rifle in her hands and sneaks out of the
>>> doorway. She looks around and listens carefully to the sounds
>>> around so as to be able to figure out how close the hooves are.
>>> She will also concentrate on trying to figure out where Osiris
>>> was last seen.
>>> [/Alex]

>> [GM]
>> As near as she can figure out, Osiris would have been with the
>> rest of the company somewhere near that mound of fresh earth. It's
>> not easy to tell, but it's about the right direction and distance
>> away.
>>
>> As the sound of the hooves, Alex can estimate that they are around
>> two hundred feet away at this point, coming from further into the
>> forest; due east of hers and Lady Frost's position. As they
>> approach, Alex can identify that one of the set of hoofs has a
>> metallic ring to it; either a very oddly shoed horse or perhaps a
>> cybernetic or robotic one.

> "Can you tell anything about the riders?" Alex asks the blade
>
> She is going to quietly stalk towards the last location of Osiris.

With the keen skill of a wilderness scout, Alex quietly makes her way
towards the mound of fresh earth.  As she approaches she can see writing
on the cross.  The language is unfamiliar to Alex, though it bears at
least a passing resemblance to Spanish.

"EQUES POPULO * REQUIEM IN PACE"

There is nothing else to indicate who or what lies beneath the mound. It
is about ten feet high and twenty feet long and ten feet wide.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost gave Alex a look. She had no idea what was different about her
> friend, but something clearly was. Shrugging, she climbed out of the
> hole, looking for something to brace it open with. Getting trapped
> outside because one of the Seven Dwarves was feeling annoyed wasn't
> in her game plan. She didn't give the approaching riders too much
> concern. Since they were going to be spotted regardless, they'd just
> have to deal with that hurdle when it rode up.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
There are a couple of hefty fallen trees nearby that ought to do the
job.  It takes a few moments to brace the hatch so that it cannot close.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> "I bet the faeries won. Funny. I knew a few heroes back in my past
> life who claimed to have fey magic. Wonder if there's any
> connection."
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
The riders are now much closer, and sound to be slowing down.

mightymartianca at gmail.com