[Taocow PBEM] [Lady Frost, Alex] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Mon Aug 15 22:48:12 UTC 2011

[Alex]
Alex takes a deflated breath. Going through so much. Seems like almost
everybody she knows dies.
"Thank you. I hope he had a good death." There is a stuffiness in her
voice as if fighting back tears.
Pausing for a moment, "I am Alex Hawk, a simple wilderness scout."
[/Alex]

On 08/12/2011 16:08, Aaron Clausen wrote:

> [GM]
> Within moments, the two riders come into view.  One of the riders is
> wearing body armor styled very much in Medieval fashion, visor pulled
> down so the face is not visible.  This rider sits atop a very large
> warhorse.
>
> The other rider is in somewhat different armor, Medieval in
> appearance, but differently styled.  More surprising about this rider
> is that its face is visible and it appears to be a bipedal wolf.  Just
> as surprising is the rider's horse, a very large cybernetic one.
>
> Both riders slow to a trot and then stop.  The rider in the helmet
> lifts the visor to reveal a middle-aged man with a bushy moustache,
> several old scars on his face and a patch over the right eye.
>
> "Roit then!" the man says in a thick accent.  "Who be the two o' you,
> then, eh?  You part of the battle?  Do you know what happened to the
> missing company?  Speak quick, this damned place makes me skin crawl."
>
> The wolf-man looks at the other knight.  "I think, Signore Fletcher,"
> he says in an accent that if anything sounds Italian, "that their lost
> friend and the fallen are one and the same."
>
> "It is I," the wolf-man says, "who buried the man who lies that mound.
> He was a Cyberknight, no?  In our land, and in this land of New
> Camelot, they are held in the highest esteem, and it seemed only
> proper to I and my companio that he be given a proper burial.  If he
> was a comrade of yours, then I extend my condolences."
>
> "I am Father Francisco Montessoro," he continues, "and my companion is
> Signore... or Sir, excuse my poor English, Sir Edmund Fletcher, Knight
> of New Camelot.  We are searching for what happened to the lost
> company.  We found a few of their bodies, but not enough to account
> for them all, and among them we found the Cyberknight.  But this
> place, the Faeries have made it their own and it is not safe for those
> on two legs.  If you can help us, we would be most grateful."

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/