[Taocow PBEM] [Lady Frost, Alex] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Wed Aug 31 18:12:31 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 15:55, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [Father Montessoro]
> "It is Faerie territory now," Father Montessoro replies.  "I will,
> however, instruct my brethren here to do what they can."
>
> He begins to follow Lady Frost.  "And now to our task at hand.  Sir
> Edmund, I beg of you to leave now and make your way back to the
> meeting place.  If all goes well, I shall return with your lost
> company in a few hours.  If not, then give my regards to the King."
>
> He beckons to Alex.  "I recommend you come with us.  Waiting for us
> above ground may become exceptionally dangerous very soon.  The
> faeries are wrathful, and will not care much whether you are Splugorth
> minions or just passerbyers."
>
> [OOC: Assuming Alex comes...]
>
> Again Alex and Lady Frost enter the tunnel.  Father Montessoro,
> despite his armor, moves very quietly.  He pulls out a flashlight to
> illuminate their way down the stairs and through the tunnel.  He urges
> great speed, clearly wanting to get to the knights as soon as possible.
>
> After several minutes of travel through the tunnel, they suddenly hear
> cries of fear at the other end.  "Come!" cries the priest, pulling an
> energy pistol out in one hand and a cross-shaped vibro-dagger in the
> other.
>
> A minute later they are into the cavern, looking down on the Dwarf
> gate below, and out a pool at its feet several tree thick tentacles
> grabbing at knights, a few curved black teeth surfacing out of the
> water and nashing with the sound of a hundred steel knives.
> [/Father Montessoro]

[Alex]
"Damn, my luck. . . ." She stops, "I guess I am at least not with them."
The ranger carefully aims her rifle at one of the tentacles and fires a
three round burst.
Her thoughts are that at least this might make up for having shot at
them in the first place although she is careful to not verbally say it.

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/