[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:53:04 UTC 2011

> [Oz]
> The German man parks his vehicle in an out of the way spot and
> proceeds to pull a small arsenal out of the boot. In addition to his
> brace of pistols he adds an energy shotgun- in a holster attached to
> his lower back- and slung an energy carbine over his shoulder.
> [/Oz]

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa looks very concerned, and turns to her companions. "I
>> think this is a 'frying pan into the fire' situation we have
>> here."
>> [/Louissa]

> [Oz]
> Oz nods at that. "We should've made for New Camelot, trying to make
> it through the forest. Here, we're sitting ducks at best, maybe
> looking at a siege." He lifts the visor of his helmet up, revealing
> a man in his early thirties, relatively attractive, with dark eyes
> and hair.
>
> He smiles at the assembled group. "Osmar Wolz. But anybody who gets
> bombed along with me can call me Oz."
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> Once she gets to the castle, which she considers more a fort, Alex
> will look around at the defenses to see how good it might be at
> holding up. In looking, she will try to find an e-clip charger

It's a well built structure, stone on the inside, but plated with
mega-damage material at critical points. There are several rail gun and
heavy particle beam cannon emplacements, as well as what appears to be a
mini-missile launcher and an anti-aircraft energy weapon.

The keep is definitely built to withstand an initial assault by
numerically superior forces. It's hard to say how long it might
withstand an attack.

There is a well off to one side, so there's a source of fresh water.
Clearly the structure was built for at least some sort of siege. But
Alex's military-trained eye guesses that against an enemy like the
Splugorth, it wouldn't last long.

She also spies a door labeled "Armory" which would likely be where an
recharger would be found.
[/GM]

>> [Little Girl]
>> The little girl, who has been kicking stones around and singing to
>> herself, looks up and then right at the southern wall of the Keep,
>> and almost as if she's looking through it. She begins to giggle in
>> a sweet, and yet somehow menacing, childish fashion.
>>
>> "You have no idea, my Lady Louissa." she says, still chortling.
>> "But I am only here to help Ted Smythe. The rest of you, well..."
>> she shrugs noncommittally, "you're not my concern and dispensable.
>> That poor fat Baron, though. My goodness, but he's in for a
>> surprise!"
>>
>> She begins to laugh uncontrollably and falls to the ground,
>> rolling around with insane mirth.
>> [/Little Girl]

> [Oz]
> Oz quirks an eyebrow at the little girl, obviously wondering what
> she is on about.
> [/Oz]

> [Vesper]
> Vesper takes off the skull helm and shook out his hair. He was a
> human in looks. Long brown hair blue eyes and pale skin. "That's not
> exactly comforting." he glances to Ted, "Why is she helping you ?"

> "She is in my custody," the lizard man replies, conveying a greater
> sense of responsibility for her than he actually felt. "She has
> information I will need at another time. I apologize if she disquiets
> you."

> "A bit, though I'm used to talking with things that have a similar
> attitude just hope you have a proper pact or you might end up in a
> relationship built on lies my friend." He says and pats Ted's
> shoulder.
> [/Vesper]

[Louissa]
"We have are theories on what that... girl is." Louissa says. "Justin
over here thinks its some sort of Old One, whatever that is."
[/Louissa]

> [Oz]
> Oz shrugs. "Well, if we're not going anywhere, we either need to find
> someplace to take shelter or we need to find someplace where we can
> stand and fight."
>
> The German man eyes the group briefly. "You look like a 'stand and
> fight' kind of group." The accent makes it hard to tell, but it is
> unclear whether he means it as a compliment or not. From his armor,
> one might suspect that the man is more of a 'hide and shoot them in
> the back' type.
> [/Oz]

[Koba]
"We fight when we have to." the older man says. "But I don't think we're
going to make that much of a difference here. I'm no soldier."
[/Koba]

> [Oz]
> He looks around for the commander of the Baron's security forces or an
> upper level officer that he knows.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
One of the baron's officers, a man named Sir Havalard, who has dined
with a couple of times, is busily giving instructions to a young woman
in knight's armor, and she crisply salutes him.

"Yes, Mr. Wolz." Sir Havalard says. "How can I assist you?"

As the knight is talking to Oz, there's a cry from one of the watches.
"They're bombing the town!"
[/GM]

[Louissa]
"Do you think the Baron would be upset if we decided to hightail it now?
I'm all for spontaneous acts of bravery, but this looks like suicide."
[/Louissa]

mightymartianca at gmail.com