[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VI - The Enchanter

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Fri Dec 23 07:19:18 UTC 2011

On 12/20/2011 15:47, Aaron Clausen wrote:

> [Louissa]
> "No!" Louissa roars in anger.  "Open it back up!" she shouts at
> Vesper. "Open that rift back up! Those are our friends, damn you!"
>
> She runs past Vesper and begins clawing at the rubble, despite the
> fact that the rift has already closed.
>
> "Someone help me!" she cries out.
> [/Louissa]
>
> [Father Montessoro]
> The Wolfen Catholic priest pats Vesper on the shoulder as he passes.
> "You did what you had to, friend." he says.
>
> When the priest reaches Louissa, he lifts her up. "They are gone for
> now, child. Come, those who remain need you. If I understand
> correctly, your kingdom's ambassador is here, and you will need to
> make contact."
> [/Father Montessoro]
>
> [Louissa]
> Weeping softly, Louissa nods and rejoins the company, her face
> streaked with tears and dust.
> [/Louissa]
[Alex]
Unlike Louissa, Alex knows that once a Rifts closes, it closes.
"A soldier is never suppose to leave a man behind," she responds,
agreeing with Louissa. "We have lost so many over the course of our
travels. I don't know what we can do though. These Rifts just don't reopen."

The Ranger will take off her helmet, revealing sweaty short hair. Even
though the armor is environmental controlled, the stress made her sweat
hard.

She will give Louissa a hug back, the girl able to see that Alex's eyes
are tear filled too. "I am just a ranger, not a special forces trooper
that just sees all this as part of the job."