[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter V - England

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:17:01 GMT 2011

> > [GM]
> > While Louissa beats a stealthy path towards one of the villages, the
> > rest of the company disembarks, glad to be leaving the ocean behind,
> > though mindful of the dangers nearby.
> > [/GM]

> ooc: Being that Alex is a ranger, I think she would have as well?

OOC: I agree...

[Alex]
Alex joins Louissa.

Due to Alex's greater wilderness abilities, she takes the lead, with Louissa to
her rear keeping an eye behind them.  The tall grass affords a good
deal of cover,
and the two are able to approach the village unseen.

The sight is even more horrifying than it looked at a distance.  Some
of the villagers
were obviously casualties of the attack, but others show signs of
being tortured, raped
and cruelly killed.  Two young children about thirty feet away look to
have had their
throats slit.

There seems no activity.  The invaders appear to have moved on,
leaving behind the
burning and the carnage.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Tears are pouring down Louissa's face.  She's seen no few horrors in
her brief time
with the company, and even been subjected to one or two, but this is the worst.

"Let's go, Alex." she says, trying to hold back the sobs.  "There's
nothing we can
do here."
[/Louissa]

[GM]
At that moment Alex's sixth sense goes off.  Somewhere nearby can be heard some
sort of snuffling, and Alex's skills tell her that it is something
that has found their trail.
Something dangerous.
[/GM]

OOC: Alex can determine that whatever-it-is-that-is-snuffling is
probably thirty to
forty feet behind them (to the east) along the path they took here.
To the north is
more tall grass and the gentle hillside up to the ridge.  To the south
is the beach.
To the west is the village.

mightymartianca at gmail.com