[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter V - England

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 23:31:29 UTC 2011

>> [GM]
>> Alex's shot blasts a rather large hole in the creature, killing it
>> instantly.
>> [/GM]

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa shakes her head"I hate the idea of leaving a baby behind,
>> Alex. But I don't want to lose the rest of the party either."
>> [/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> "That is what running is for," Alex responds, taking off at a full
> clip for the ruins, using her telepathy to scan for the babies mind.
> "Make sure you don't let me disappear from sight."
> [/Alex]

[Louissa]
"I'll do my best." Louissa says, sounding a little unsure of herself.
[/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> Assuming that she can find the baby, she will grab it, she will
> spare just a moment for baby supplies including a papoose if
> possible, and then continue running back out of the ruins this time.
> "Don't lose sight of me," she repeats.

With that Alex is off, running like an Olympic sprinter towards where
she thinks the sound of the baby's cry is coming from.  Louissa does her
best to keep up, but she's simply not as fast as Alex and is soon a good
ways behind.

The cries grow louder as Alex approaches the toppled and smoking remains
of a two storey house.  It comes from the far side and Alex is forced to
move ought of sight of Louissa, who was already partically obscured by
smoke.

There is revealed a tragic sight.  A mother and two children, both no
more than seven or eight years old, have been gunned down, almost cut in
half by laser weapon fire.  Behind the mother, in the shattered but
still standing remains of a door frame can be seen a young baby, maybe
nine months old, in soot-covered wrappings.  Beyond is the kitchen,
partially caved in.  It's then that Alex notices the thin rope tied
around the babies leg, leading to the darkness of the interior.

Alex can now hear Louissa approaching, huffing and puffing loudly.