[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Sun Jul 10 21:11:54 UTC 2011

[Alex]
"We still need to see if we can find Osiris," Alex states. "I hate the
idea of leaving somebody down out there."
[/Alex]

On 06/28/2011 13:20, Aaron Clausen wrote:

> [GM]
> And it is several hours.  The two dwarves can be heard talking,
> sometimes arguing, in their strange guttural language.  Whether
> they're making any progress on the gate or not is hard to say.
>
> Above, the distant sounds of battle go on for another or two before
> fading away, until the only sound is a few hushed conversations.  The
> injured soldiers are stabilized, and soon enough the soldier that had
> come up to them earlier returns.
>
> "Sirs... ma'ams," he says, "we're keen to get back to the surface.
> Our wounded need more than the field dressings can offer 'em.  If you
> come with us, we'll be willin' t' put in a good word and explain the
> mix up.  I think a captain once called it the 'fog of war' or some
> such thing."
>
> He lowers his voice.  "I wouldn't trust these dwarves 'ere as far as
> you could throw 'em.  The King's a good man, and if your kingdom has
> an ambassador 'ere, why I'm sure it can be all sorted out.  Up to you."
>
> At that moment, the younger dwarf starts walking towards the company.
> "We've sorted out the gate well enough, I think." he says.  "We'll
> open the doors to the outside once we're on our way."  He looks to the
> company, "If you're coming with us, best be about it quick.  The Lady
> says you should, makes no difference to us one way or the other."

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/