[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter V - England

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Wed Mar 9 06:23:50 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 15:25, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [Louissa]
> Louissa finally loses patience, and then takes the baby from Alex.  "You're
> the Scout, not me.  I'll stay down here.  If you need me, signal me.  We
> don't want this baby tipping anybody off."
> [/Louissa]
[Alex]
"Yes, I know, my impulse to rescue people will be my undoing," Alex
responds. "I will call you if there are any problems."
> Alex, unburdened, can now fully use her skills.  She creeps up to the top
> of the hillside and can clearly see her companions surrounded by eight
> well-armed horsemen dressed in black.  All but one still has a black mask
> on, and that man certainly doesn't look like a Splugorth minion.  The
> unmasked horseman is in conversation with Justin and Osiris (Osiris
> is being held up by Justin).  She can also see Ted on the ground, not
> exactly looking healthy.
>
> Alex's trained eye can see movement in the forest beyond.  She can't
> estimate numbers, but there are at least a dozen, possibly more figures
> in the bush.  By their movement and skills in the trees, they clearly must
> be very skilled at moving in and above woodlands, and by the way they've
> all but masked their presence, must be as skilled as Alex herself.  What
> they're relationship to the horsemen that have surrounded her companions
> is not clear, however.
Alex will radio to Osiris, "There are a number of individuals in the
woods surrounding you. I estimate that there is about a dozen, perhaps
more figures."

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/