[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter V - England

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:07:24 UTC 2011

>> [GM]
>> Alex sees an entire contingent, probably around twenty men in dark
>> robes, leap out of the woods. The mounted riders leap off their mounts
>> and to the ground, kicking their horses to get them out of the way of
>> any potential firefight. She also sees a number, possibly three or
>> four, of the shadowy figures suddenly disappear into the tall grass.
>> She can follow their movement for some distance towards her, but they
>> are exceptionally good and carefully keep their movements timed with
>> the breeze so that their exact position is hard to track, though Alex
>> is not fooled by it. But she needs no special tracking skills to know
>> that they are making their way towards her in a flanking pattern.

> Alex will radio to the others, "What is going on?"

Alex gets no response.

> She will also carefully see if she can get a target on one of those
> heading towards her position. If she can eliminate one, that will
> reduce numbers down to two or three against herself.

Alex fires off a shot at the nearest pursuer [Strike: 16].  It strikes
the target [Damage: 20MD], and the pursuer stops and drops, and she can
see no more movement.  The other pursuers also seem to stop, or at least
slow their movement considerably.

Alex then sees a flash of fire from the main body of the troops [Strike:
20 not natural].  Like lightning [Dodge: 26], Alex leaps for cover.
It's hard to see who it was because everyone was on the ground.

> She keeps cover although will also look for a second position of
> cover. A second shot will show her location and will need to have a
> fall back

Alex finds better cover a few feet away by a small hump of earth which,
at least, shades her from any kind of IR scan.  She cannot see any more
movement, but she's very conscious of the fact that those tracking her
are likely still doing so, even if they may have temporarily lost her
position.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa's voice sqwacks over the radio on a secure channel.  "Alex, I'm
hearing gunfire.  Do you need assistance?"
[/Louissa]

[GM]
Alex's sixth sense is going off again.