[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 21:05:53 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

OOC: Many apologies for the delays.  I was at a conference last week and ended up having a very busy weekend bookended by having to out of town yesterday.  But it looks like you guys have done well without me!

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa looks at the stranger. "He doesn't really look like a
>> Cyberknight." she says. "He said the ring is a sign, I guess from
>> those crazy faeries that want to blast us to pieces."
>>
>> "I think the ring is Osiris's." she says. "Alex, you would know
>> better than me, is that Osiris's ring?"
>>
>> She looks to the wilderness scout for an answer.
>> [/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> Alex carefully looks at the ring

> The lizard man moves a little closer, discreetly covering Alex in
> case the newcomer tries anything.

> It looks very much like a ring that Alex remembers Osiris wearing.
> [/GM]

>> [Father Montessoro]
>> The priest gives the stranger a look over. "So you know something
>> of the faeries of these woods?" he asks.
>> [/Father Montessoro]

> [Alex]
> Look at the man, Alex states, "I am Alex Hawk, might I ask what you
> name is please?"

> "Names Vesper, the fey call me the Fury, Though they are handling
> that role currently."

> She asks, "You appear to be a knight. What kind of knight are you?
> There is a group of knights in North America who can form swords with
> their mind. Are you one of them? The ring is similar to one a dear
> lost friend carried, may the Virgin have taken his soul."
>
> While waiting on this knight to answer, Alex will turn towards the
> English Knight, "I believe you are an honorable man. Is there any
> assurances that you can give I will not be crucified by your king for
> the misunderstanding?"

"The King is a just man." he says.  "He is also a warrior, and knows as well as any here of the fog of war.  You defended your companions against what looked like an attack on your companions."

> "The fey have knighted me but, I am more sorcerer and a Lord from the
> Courts. I am not a cyberknight though I do know this ring is to show
> those whoe were the allies of a noble and great warrior of that order
> who fell recently. If you recognize this ring then you are the ones I
> seek, and I shall let you keep it in memory of your friend. You look
> to have a great fondness in your memories for him." He looked to her
> armor, "Are you a soldier in the Coalition army Miss Hawk? being
> unsure of her marital status.  "I recognize the armor."

> "Call me Alex," the red haired woman responds. "I was a ranger in
> Coalition service. I am from around Lone Star. Our, I mean my, unit
> was loaned out to Ch-Town where we ran a foul with authorities and we
> were hung out to dry dealing with the bugs."

> "Well met then Alex, I hope you have no problems, with a practitioner
> of magic. Wow Lonestar, I'd like to go there some day. By bugs do you
> mean the Xiticix or is there some other major threat of bugs in North
> America ?"

> "Yeh, that is what I mean by bugs," Alex responds. "Most of us that
> live outside of the major cities have less concern about magic."

> "What brings you here, sir knight?" the lizard man inquires. He wears
> black leather boots, a black leather belt, medium brown trousers and
> a green cotton shirt under a dark brown robe with a hood long enough
> to obscure his reptilian features. Brown scales cover his body. He
> has a yellow, forked tongue. A variety of scars crisscross his head,
> face, chest, hands and arms.

> My interest's lay in opposing Lord Splyncrytth's push here or at
> least learning why he is choosing to do so at this time. On a less
> personal not the fey told me that if I headed this way I would meet
> with a group who would recognize the ring and should seek to join
> with them. Fey at the best of times tend to be a little vague, but I
> think that they view your group as one of the ones who can help
> oppose the Splugorth's forces. I would think a true army is needed to
> stop what is occurring but maybe you all posses something or are
> destined to defeat this attack."

> "I have heard stories about the Splugorth but likely as much is wrong
> as is right," the red headed ranger responds. "The fey are often
> trouble on their own although don't seem to be the kind of threat
> that the Splugorth are. If we avoid them, they tend to leave us along
> and they never fire missiles at us."
> [/Alex]

[Louissa]
Louissa frowns. "True enough, but what I've heard of Faeries tells me we're not safe. Unless Vesper here can guarantee our safety, I'd soon like to be clear of this forest. It gives me the creeps!"
[/Louissa]

[GM]
The chief knight is shaking his head in impatience.

"I will give you my word, Lady Alex." he says.  "If you come with us and you are judged to be imprisoned, then I swear upon my gods and on the honor of my family that I shall surrender my freedom in likewise.  But you worry about too much.  And now, my men and I must be off.  If we hurry, we shall be able to spend the night in the Baron's Keep near New Bournemouth.  Perhaps, Lady Alex, the Baron shall be able to give you greater assurances than I."

As they speak, they hear what sounds like distant whispering.  Vesper recognizes it immediately as faeries approaching.
[/GM]

[Vesper]
"The Fey right now dont even recognize any of their big folk allies as worked up as they are but there are methods to avoid their ire, I would hope those methods still
work. It sounds like they approach now. We had best be on our way, or turn our clothes inside out or other methods which seem to amuse the little ones enough to
leave us be. Ive never seen them this worked up though. Whatever decision you make should be quick though, I can try and speak to them they atleast know me, if they
are hopped up on some fey foods though." he shrugged turning towards the whispering.

"Friends it is the Fury, the people with me mean no harm to these woods and are simply traveling through."
[/Vesper]

-- Aaron Clausen
mightymartianca at gmail.com