[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:40:31 UTC 2011

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa frowns. "True enough, but what I've heard of Faeries tells
>> me we're not safe. Unless Vesper here can guarantee our safety,
>> I'd soon like to be clear of this forest. It gives me the creeps!"
>> [/Louissa]

>> [GM]
>> The chief knight is shaking his head in impatience.
>>
>> "I will give you my word, Lady Alex." he says. "If you come with
>> us and you are judged to be imprisoned, then I swear upon my gods
>> and on the honor of my family that I shall surrender my freedom in
>> likewise. But you worry about too much. And now, my men and I must
>> be off. If we hurry, we shall be able to spend the night in the
>> Baron's Keep near New Bournemouth. Perhaps, Lady Alex, the Baron
>> shall be able to give you greater assurances than I."
>>
>> As they speak, they hear what sounds like distant whispering.
>> Vesper recognizes it immediately as faeries approaching.

> "The Fey right now don't even recognize any of their big folk allies
> as worked up as they are but there are methods to avoid their ire, I
> would hope those methods still work. It sounds like they approach
> now. We had best be on our way, or turn our clothes inside out or
> other methods which seem to amuse the little ones enough to leave us
> be. I've never seen them this worked up though. Whatever decision you
> make should be quick though, I can try and speak to them they at
> least know me, if they are hopped up on some fey foods though." he
> shrugged turning towards the whispering.
>
> "Friends it is the Fury, the people with me mean no harm to these
> woods and are simply traveling through."

"We know you, but not your companions." several voices call out from the
shadows of the trees. The noise remains as loud as ever, but does not
seem to be moving now, as if the Faeries are waiting for something.

> "We absolutely do not want to be here when those Faeries arrive,"
> the lizard man says knowingly. "I vote we go with these knights."
> [/Ted]

[Louissa]
"As do I." Louissa says.
[/Louissa]

[GM]
Koba, Owen and Carlos all nod their agreement as well.
[/GM]

[Koba]
"It's up to you Alex." Koba says.  "These do seem like good people, though."
[/Koba]

[GM]
The lead knight is at the end of his patience.  "We wait no longer.
Lady Alex, I leave your next move in your hands."

With that he orders his men to pick up the stretchers and make all haste
for the forest's edge, which he judges to be due west.  With military
precision his men do as they are commanded and start moving out.

mightymartianca at gmail.com