[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

Karl Prosek karl.prosek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:52:45 UTC 2011

OOC: Hi, everyone. I'm excited about playing Rifts; it's been a while,
so go easy on the new guy.

Just for a mental picture, imagine the vehicle as a very used, classic
Mercedes G Class- big, boxy, super reliable German engineering. With a
motorcycle strapped on the back, for good measure.

IC:
[GM]
> The lead knight confirms, "Aye boys, you can put down your weapons. This is
> the Baron alright."  He turns back to the Baron and bows slightly.  "Many
> apologies, Your Lordship, but we've been through one helluva lot.  Our men
> our injured, and among us are friends who need assistance, so we request
> permission to make our way back to the Keep at New Bournemouth."
>
> The knight turns to the fellow that the Baron named as Osmar Wolz.  "You
> have a vehicle, sir.  May I request that you take some of our most injured
> with you?  It will allow us to move at a much faster pace."
>
> Even as he speaks, there's a low-pitched rumble coming from overhead, this
> time it sounds very far overhead.  It is too dark to see what it is, but it
> seems to be coming straight in this direction.
> [/GM]

[Oz]
The truck's driver nods at the knight. His armor was matte black,
obviously used and well maintained, with snaps and buttons on the
numerous belts and attachments instead of velcro. To those familiar
with such things, the Triax scout armor has clearly been designed to
blend in with the night and for maximum stealth.

The man identified as Osmar Wolz was packing an absolutely huge
handgun (a Triax version of the NG-45LP) on his right hip and a pump
pistol (a TX-5) in a holster on his chest. He also has a number of
belts and pouches strapped about his person, no doubt filled with all
manner of useful and deadly items.

"Of course, Sir Knight. We can take as many as six more, if they can
all sit up, or two if we need to put stretchers in the rear." His
voice has a thick European accent, but his English was fluent and
showed signs of having been learned in New Camelot.

Oz looks up before the sound reaches unassisted ears, then turns back
to the knights once everyone can hear. "We should hurry, Sirs. I am
sure we do not want to be here when whatever that is arrives."