[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 20:30:21 UTC 2011

> [...]
>> coming in overhead, about four hundred feet up. There were a pair
>> of Kittani fliers after us just before we entered the forest, just
>> FYI."
>>
>> The man in the shiny knight's armor looks nervously around.
>> There's a quiver in his voice still, and beads of sweat visible on
>> his brow. "As you can plainly see, I am the Baron." he says
>> finally. "And this is Osmar Wolz, a guest of mine who saved my life
>> when it is certain I would have been killed or captured by the
>> Kittani."
>> [/GM]

>>> [Justin]
>>> After his shot, gravity proceeds to run its course, dropping him
>>> neatly back to the spot he just vacated on the ground.
>>> [/Justin]

>> [GM]
>> The rest of the company hears the Skycycles recede into the
>> distance, for whatever reason deciding to withdraw rather than
>> enter combat.
>>
>> The lead knight confirms, "Aye boys, you can put down your
>> weapons. This is the Baron alright." He turns back to the Baron and
>> bows slightly. "Many apologies, Your Lordship, but we've been
>> through one helluva lot. Our men our injured, and among us are
>> friends who need assistance, so we request permission to make our
>> way back to the Keep at New Bournemouth."
>>
>> The knight turns to the fellow that the Baron named as Osmar Wolz.
>> "You have a vehicle, sir. May I request that you take some of our
>> most injured with you? It will allow us to move at a much faster
>> pace."
>>
>> Even as he speaks, there's a low-pitched rumble coming from
>> overhead, this time it sounds very far overhead. It is too dark to
>> see what it is, but it seems to be coming straight in this
>> direction.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> The truck's driver nods at the knight. His armor was matte black,
> obviously used and well maintained, with snaps and buttons on the
> numerous belts and attachments instead of velcro. To those familiar
> with such things, the Triax scout armor has clearly been designed to
> blend in with the night and for maximum stealth.
>
> The man identified as Osmar Wolz was packing an absolutely huge
> handgun (a Triax version of the NG-45LP) on his right hip and a pump
> pistol (a TX-5) in a holster on his chest. He also has a number of
> belts and pouches strapped about his person, no doubt filled with
> all manner of useful and deadly items.
>
> "Of course, Sir Knight. We can take as many as six more, if they can
> all sit up, or two if we need to put stretchers in the rear." His
> voice has a thick European accent, but his English was fluent and
> showed signs of having been learned in New Camelot.
>
> Oz looks up before the sound reaches unassisted ears, then turns
> back to the knights once everyone can hear. "We should hurry, Sirs. I
> am sure we do not want to be here when whatever that is arrives."

[GM]
The Baron does not look terribly happy about this. "Do you mean I have
to walk?" he asks miserably. "It's at least ten miles!"
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa shakes her head, but decides it's better not to insult local
nobility.
[/Louissa]

[GM]
The knights ignore the Baron and begin loading up the most wounded.

> Alex looks to see if anything is visible with night vision?

Whatever it is is a long ways up, perhaps 20,000 feet, but the heat
signature suggests a triangular shape, perhaps 60 or 70 feet long with a
wingspan somewhere around 50 feet. There's a slight ripple in the heat
signature and then she sees a clear flaring, possibly from something
rocket-powered, and it's heading their way very quickly.

mightymartianca at gmail.com