[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate - and a little more

difdi at comcast.net difdi at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 04:49:59 UTC 2011

> And then, quite suddenly, in the midst of their debate, a figure walks
> out of the bush with a hoverbike. He is dressed in what looks to be
> leather armor dyed black, plated with bone to add extra-protection as
> well as for style. His helm is made of a gurgoyle skull with horns
> stretching back from it. The eyesockets have red goggle like
> coverings. His hoverbike was done in forest camouflage.

> He holds a white strip of cloth so as to show his wish to speak and
> not battle. "Hello Ladies, and Knights, I come to speak though I am
> unsure if indeed you are the ones I am to speak with." He looks to
> each of them.

OOC: Our new player, I presume?

[Justin]
Justin answers the stranger "I hope so, as your only other options locally are some royally pissed off fairies and the armed forces of Lord Splynncryth. And to offer a small, helpful correction, the female form of Knight is Dame. Lady is a lower rank."

In a lowered tone aside to Alex "He's lucky we know what a white flag is, that's not multiversally adopted. In some places, that's how you declare a blood feud."
[/Justin]

OOC: Calling someone a title below their rank can be an insult. A mixed greeting like that can be as well. I mean, would you address a gathering of armed individuals as "Gentlemen and Whores"? Lady equates to Gentleman, not Knight. A Gentleman is a non-noble of wealth, a step below a Squire. Even the poorest Knight stands two social steps (or more, depending on local structures) above a Gentleman (and what is two steps below a Gentleman? A criminal).