[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate - and a little more

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Sun Oct 23 07:54:59 UTC 2011

[Alex]
"Not as if I am not already hunted," states Alex. "The Coalition would
be sure to execute me if I ever tried to go home. Just because it was an
ambush designed to take out my entire unit because we pissed off a
senior officer does not matter."

"If a mercenary was to kill a Coalition officer, even if it was a
misunderstanding, they would be executed," she continues. "Most king pot
kingdoms would be similar. Kind of impossible to be rescued if you are
executed."

She pauses for a few moments before look at the others, "In the
Coalition, the soldiers would usually explain friendly fire incidents
as acts of the enemy without going into details. Most families would
rather hear that their relatives died in combat anyway."

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/