[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 21:09:04 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - The Debate

>> [GM]
>> One of the knights shakes his head. "It is as Sir Justin says,
>> m'lady. The Coalition we know mainly be reputation, though it is
>> little enough different in its philosophies than the New German
>> Republic. But our King is a man of justice, and I truly cannot see
>> how you would be imprisoned when the full tale was told."
>>
>> The knight thinks for a moment. "We can tarry no longer, and must
>> be to New Camelot this very hour. Therefore, I will declare this,
>> though it likely exceeds my authority. I shall charge that you are
>> free for one month in the lands of New Camelot, but that you must,
>> if you wish to remain any longer than that, seek out His Grace,
>> King Arr'thu, for his pardon and leave."
>>
>> "Will this suffice?" he asks. "That way you can make your own way
>> under no immediate threat, and those that travel with you shall not
>> be traveling with a wanted woman."
>> [/GM]

> [Justin]
> (to Alex) "That alone is a good sign. Tin pot dictators don't, as a
> rule, give their minions that sort of discretionary authority."
> [/Justin]

OOC: Hopefully Alex will respond to this offer!

[...]

> [...]

>>> rank."
>>>
>>> In a lowered tone aside to Alex "He's lucky we know what a white
>>> flag is, that's not multiversally adopted. In some places,
>>> that's how you declare a blood feud."
>>> [/Justin]

>> [Louissa]
>> "And what will you speak to us about, stranger?" she asks, her
>> hands on her gun.
>> [/Louissa]

>> [Stranger]
>> "Such reactions to an unarmed man and one carrying the traditional
>> flag for talks. As to the fairies I have no quarrel with them
>> indeed it is the King of their kind that sent me. He told me to
>> head in this direction, that I would meet with others who may be
>> able to help against this war with Atlantis. As to the mistake, I
>> did not realize these women were indeed knights their manner of
>> clothing is different then the suits I see here from Camelot."
>>
>> "I was sent with a sign to show, that my words are true, as well
>> as a sign to those who knew the knight from America whom the fey
>> buried."
>>
>> "If I am allowed to retrieve it, without people pulling those
>> weapons they are so keen on hovering their hands over, that would
>> be appreciated."
>>
>> The stranger reaches into a satchel at his side and slowly pulls
>> out his hand and opens it to show them the ring.
>>
>> "I was told this ring was given to the fey and from them I return
>> it, as a sign of my intentions. I would like to join you if indeed
>> your battle is with the things of Atlantis."
>> [/Stranger]

>> [GM]
>> All but Justin immediately recognize it immediately as Osiris's
>> ring.
>> [/GM]

> [Justin]
> (to the stranger) "Most of them are not knights, as far as I know,
> stranger. But not all of the present men are knights, and you
> grouped us all together in your greeting. Mixing rank levels as you
> did could be taken as an insult, which is the last thing we need,
> given existing tensions." He pauses, then continues on a different
> topic "My family, while not at war with Atlantis, maintains very
> cold relations. I can't speak for the others intentions, but I do
> intend to give Lord Splynncryth a very bad day at some future date,
> as a complaint about the poor manners of those who serve him."
>
> (to the group) "Lord Coake wore a signet like that."
> [/Justin]

> [Ted]
> "So that makes this stranger a cyber-knight?" the lizard man asked
> no one in particular.
> [/Ted]

> [Justin]
> "No, but it's an interesting fact that two known cyber-knights wear
> one like it."
> [/Justin]

> [Ted]
> "So... is this Lord Coake?" the lizard man asks, his tone doubtful.

[Louissa]
Louissa looks at the stranger.  "He doesn't really look like a
Cyberknight." she says.  "He said the ring is a sign, I guess from those
crazy faeries that want to blast us to pieces."

"I think the ring is Osiris's." she says.  "Alex, you would know better
than me, is that Osiris's ring?"

She looks to the wilderness scout for an answer.
[/Louissa]

[Father Montessoro]
The priest gives the stranger a look over.  "So you know something of
the faeries of these woods?" he asks.
[/Father Montessoro]

[Vesper]
"If people truly chose to take offense it is, their choice, Im not here to pander to ego's. If I were I would be a servent
in liveries, bowing and scraping and serving drinks. I am here seeking certain people. Which may or may not be those
gathered here. I will say I meant no offense dear ladies or dames as may be the case, but, pulling an Im sorry from me,
would be like pulling one from a Prince of a far off realm,  have it as you will." Vesper shrugs noncomittaly.

To the others
"No, I am no Cyberknight I hail from a different court, though I know of the order that rides in North America.
The ring the king of the fey said would be recognized, it seems some of you have seen it before."

To Louissa, "The Fey are usually peacefull, though playfull and strong willed they do not often attack the way
they are doing now. They are in such a state they are actually organizing and using tactics against all intruders
of the wood. I have long been their ally, but no big folk are safe now.  I believe this is why you may have been
attacked."

Turning to the priest he dismounts his bike and bows, "Aye father, yes I know much of the fey and in times past
have greatly enjoyed their company. There is a beauty in chaos, and the fey symbolize that on many levels. I am
known to them and some of the woodland communities as The Fury and have kept these woods safe till the
incursion of the splugorth, on this massive scale took place. I cannot fight so many alone, even Camelot I fear is in
danger from Lord Splyncryth and his servitors. His tendrils reach across many worlds and he is pulling but a small
fraction of the forces at his command. I may have to marshall forces on some other world to counter him, but that
would take time too much time, and resources to gather. By the time I had them all I don't think there would be much
to save." Vesper sighed.

"Even though the fey call me the Fury, please call me Lord Vesper, or simply Vesper Im not big on honorifics, perhaps
I have been gone from the Courts so long it almost doesn't matter." he looked deep in though for a moment.

He then looks to Justin again, "Aye your right my manners still count right ? If I did insult any who hold lofty ranks then
I ammend, Lords, Ladies, Dames, Knights, Princes, Princesses, Father and any I may have missed, if your goals are to
oppose the slave Lord of Atlantis, I would seek to work with thee. If your not whome I seek, I shall ride on but providence
and the twist of fate I think bring us together."
[/Vesper]