[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper, Alex, Oz and Justin] Book 3 - Chapter VII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:47:43 UTC 2012


[Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> All Vesper can see is the people out in the courtyard racing back
>> towards the palace.
>>
>> A cry goes up over the loud speakers. "People of New Camelot, to your
>> arms! The foes is within the city! To your arms!"
>>
>> The barber cries out to Vesper. "Oh master, you look a powerful sort!
>> Maybe you can help down there."
>> [/GM]

> [Vesper]
> "Barber, why don't you remain with me. Atleast until this istuation is dealt with."
>
> Vesper tries to ask any guards outside his room what is happening. He also
> checks his radio for any chatter.
> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> There's no guards to be found. The radio is full of chatter, however.
>>
>> "Lizard man attacking king... some sort of force field... Aye, one of
>> the visitors has brought him down... Going to try to capture him...
>> [/GM]

> [Vesper]
> Vesper nods, "Allright I will see what I can do down there." He grabs his
> armor putting it on and outfitting himself before setting off down the stairs
> to see how he can help.
> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> Despite Vesper's warning, the barber stays close behind him, his curiosity,
>> and perhaps his shame at his earlier cowardice, pushing him on.
>>
>> They reach the court yard to find it completely empty, everyone inside
>> the palace. It looks like things are under control, as they approach the
>> palace.
>>
>> From the steps runs a guard. "We saw you up in the window up there,
>> shooting at them buggers! Your friends are inside, it looks like one of your
>> companions was a spy an' tried to kill the king. Best come along!"
>> [/GM]

> [Vesper]
> "Lead on then, I shall follow." Vesper wondered about the comment of a spy.
> That little girl that was not at all a little girl sprang to mind.
>
> "Fill me in on all the details, what exactly happened I could only see so much
> from my rooms."
> [/Vesper]

[GM]
"Not sure where to start, sir." the man says. "The king was attacked by
his own men, all bewitched if I'm reckoning true. And then the brain
things came, and then, just as we thought we'd won, your friends helping,
suddenly your lizard man mate, well, he popped in and started at the
King. An' what's more, sir, that little girl you came with, she knocked her
keepers unconscious and has flown, so it seems. Thinking maybe she
was no ordinary little girl."
[/GM]

[Meanwhile, with Alex, Oz and Ted]

>>> [Oz]
>>> Oz hustles over and kneels next to the unconscious assassin. He looks
>>> closely at the armor, examining the gear for clues about its origin
>>> and- more importantly- the software underlying the armor's systems.
>>> The German tourist takes care not to touch the field that had so
>>> recently blasted three armsmen.
>>> [/Oz]

>> [GM]
>> It looks almost organic, with what looks like tubes in the form
>> of veins, exoskeleton ribbing. Hard to say, Oz has never seen
>> anything quite like it. Still, he thinks he sees where he might
>> be able to try. Pulling out some equipment he gets to work.
>>
>> The seconds click by and Ted begins to stir. Sweat pours off
>> of Oz's forehead as he struggles to hack into the alien armor.
>>
>> Ted's hand is quivering and flexing and then a look of relief
>> crosses Oz's face. The lit field disappears, though Ted is
>> beginning to look more animated as his hand shoots for his
>> powerful sword...
>> [/GM]

> [Alex]
> Alex slings her rifle, "Can I help with cutting it off?
> [/Alex]

[GM]
Oz is too deep in concentration to reply. After a few moments,
however, the sweat pouring off his face, there is a look of triumph.
[/GM]

> [Alex]
> Assuming that Oz nods or asks he to help, the red headed Coalition
> ranger will try to put of the armor with her enchanted dagger. Going to
> try to be careful not to cut the person itself.
> [/Alex]

[GM]
The dagger digs into the armor with difficulty, and it takes some time,
but slowly it parts the armor to reveal the lizard man underneath.

By now there are several armed guards standing overhead ready to
shoot Ted at the first sign of trouble.

The King himself approaches. "Tricky operation, that. I'll wager the
suit is half bio-wizardry. Wouldn't you say, Pyrrcyvel?"

The dashing young knight nods in agreement. "I would, Your
Highness."

At that moment, Vesper himself arrives with some other soldiers.
He sees the suit and recognizes it as some sort of a symbiote,
though he does not recognize the precise kind.

Ted is stirring more, though his eyes remained shut.
[/GM]


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list